|| Love Never Wanted Me ||

Andy's P.O.V

I look at Joe, and he's scrolling through his twitter feed on his phone. I look at the way his eyes are fixated on the screen, and the way his eyes rolled from side to side reading the tweets.

I think that its time to come out the closet to my mum. Although I'm scared shitless, I think I'll be okay if Joe's there.

"Joe," I softly speak.

Joe looks away from his phone, and looks me directly in the eyes. He sits up, and puts his hand on my thigh.

"What's up, baby? You look like, anxious, or scared. Are you okay?" Joe asks, a look of worry upon his face.

That's one of the many things I love about Joe. He's so observant.

"I think it's time," I nervously mutter.

"Andy, you don't have to yet. You're so nervous. Look, you're shaking! Are you sure you're ready?" He asks again.

I look him right in the eyes, and they're filled with concern, and worry.

"As long as you're there, I can do anything," I assure.

"Okay," Joe warmly smiles.

Joe stands up, taking my hand. He kisses my temple as I stand up. I take in a deep breath, letting it out as I look at Joe. I nod, signalling Joe that I'm ready, as he smiles back.

We then walk down the stairs, fingers intertwined. The further down the stairs we get, the higher my anxiety levels rise. Doubts flood through my head, as I think of mums reaction.

"Andy!" Joe shouts, snapping me out of my doubts. "Are you sure you're ready?"

"One-hundred percent," I smile, as we finish our way down the stairs.

As we reach the bottom of the staircase, I let go of Joe's hand. He understands why.

We walk through the house, and find her in the kitchen, making herself a cup of tea.

"Uhh, mum?" I nervously ask. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course, sweetheart,"

I look at Joe, and take in another breath. I walk over to the counter, lifting myself onto it. Mum leans against the sink, taking a sip of her tea.

Doubt again fills my head. I mean, is she going to hate me? I hope she's not homophobic. Stop, Andy! Just tell her!

"This is hard to say, mum. I, well, you see," I start. "I'm, I can't say it."

I look at Joe, and he's giving me a sad smile.

"Andy, sweetheart, you can tell me anything. What is it?" Mum smiles.

"I'm gay," I shyly mutter.

Mum looks at me, completely shocked. Her jaw is hanging down with her eyes about to pop out of her skull.

"Andy, you don't know you're gay until you have a boyfriend," says mum, trying to convince me that I'm not.

"I have a boyfriend," I mutter.

A tear slips down my cheek, as mum looks at me in disbelief. Joe then walks over to me, placing an arm around my shoulder, and kissing my temple.

"J-Joe's your boyfriend?" Mum stutters as I nod.

"Yes," Joe proudly states. "I, Joseph Trohman, is the boyfriend of your son, Andrew Hurley, and I couldn't be happier about it."

I blush, and look up at Joe. He has a big smile plastered across his face, and sticking out his chest.

"Okay," mum smiles. "It's great that you're gay! I'm so proud that you told me, and stoked that you've found someone,"

A big amount of anxiety is immediately lifted off my chest. She's happy for me, and she's glad that Joe and I are dating! I'm so relieved!

"Told you she'd be cool," Joe smiles.

"But to be fair, Joe, I've had suspicions that he was gay ever, since he was young. I just didn't think he actually was," mum laughs, as does Joe.

"Thaaaaanks, mum. 'Cause Joe knew that," I sarcastically say.

"Oh, Andy. I'm sure Joe doesn't care," mum giggles, as Joe shakes his head.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes with a smile. "Come on, babe. Let's go to my room,"

"Okay!" Joe smiles, walking behind me.

As we're halfway up the stairs, mum yells out a highly inappropriate comment.

"Don't be silly, wrap your willy!" She shouts.

I blush like mad as Joe pinches my butt, making me jump.

We finally make it to my room, and I collapse on my bed, Joe on my chest.

This felt right. Joe hugging into my chest is the greatest thing ever. I could definitely get used to this.

Song - XO
Album - From Under The Cork Tree

A/N - What do you think of the book? Please tell me because I've been dying to (tell you) get feedback, but no ones giving me any :(
If you're reading this, you're beautiful, and you're worth it. I love you.

Stay Street
Stay Alive |-/