Chapter 5\\>>

"Dad said she's going coming over for dinner tonight!" I huffed sitting back and placing both my arms on the long cafeteria chair.

"Who's preparing?" Charlotte asked shoving a few french fries into her mouth and munching on them like her life depended on it, well it did, that girl can eat both heaven and earth all at once I've always wondered why she didn't get fat. I knew she exercised a lot, she took gym classes after but that still doesn't gives her the chutzpah to eat so ridiculously cus I'm a hundred percent certain her gym instructor would've given her a lot of advice about her eating habit .

"This is ridiculous! Does it matter who's preparing!" I replied wearing a quizzical look. She looked at me smiling her little comtemptuous smile.

"You gotta get rid of her!" Drew snickered pulling his short goatee with little tiny strokes.

"The feeling is mutual" She added.

"Hell yeah!" I avowed a little bit too loudly which made me cover my mouth with my palm cause I wouldn't want to get into trouble with the principal. "Wait, Me?" I asked suddenly noticing the odd part of his statement.

"Yes! It's not like my parent needs to be separated or something" He replied and curved a scary supervillain evil smirk across the corner of his mouth.

"Shut up Drew!" She shunned him obviously defending my honour so I wouldn't be alone and down on it.

"Thank you Charlotte. How about I ruin the dinner by coming up with an excuse, like I got a stomach bug or a bad fever?"

"Y'know Randall how about you give that dinner a chance. She might not be as bad as you think."

"That's true. Not everyone is a gold digger y'know" Drew responded. Uttering the most sensible statement I've ever heard from him.

"I wish I could, how about me giving it another thought before closing hour" I said. "We're not gonna be going home together today" I announced.

"Why?"

"I'm supposed to help him prepare dinner, remember!" I stated squeezing my face almost immediately at the thought of that.

"Thought you decided on giving it another thought?" Drew asked.

"I still have to help prepare dinner, or else he's gonna be disappointed and starve me"

"Hahaha, just like my dad does!" Drew said laughing loudly.

"Your dad's not gonna starve you"

"Yes he will" I smiled.

"Then, I think I'd start seeing him as a douche!" She muttered.

"More like a douche bag" Drew joked ducking a bit as I threw an invisible object at him.

"You're both crazy y'know"

"Then stop telling us your secrets!"

"Drew, bro" I said. "I think it's time you shut the hell up"

****************************

I gently pushed open the front door as I was hit by the sweet aroma of fried chicken. I waited a few seconds in the front porch as I gently and deeply Inhale the aroma, I felt it stream down my air pipe and down through my lungs, I felt my lung expand filled intricately with air saturated by chicken aroma. I exhaled and felt the cold damp air from the air conditioner grazed past my navel which made me feel totally flawless. I dropped my backpack onto the sofa and Walked steadily on my tippy toes jerking sideways as I tried to maintain equilibrium.

"She's gonna love the chicken nuggets!" I over heard an unfamiliar female voice exclaimed. I strained my ears to listen more fiercely as I try to decipher whose voice it was. I jerked open the kitchen feeling the highest form of enthusiasm with all the eagerness to see who that voice belonged to.