Starting Anew

[S] Author: Write Message To Readers. ==>

Happy late 4/13!! As you may know (but for those who don't here it is),

Homestuck has finally ended. The story has presumably ended yesterday. 

HOWEVER: this story will continue on till the good ending is reached.

(Tip of the hat to Toby Fox's Undertale there.)

Enjoy the Special! Oh, and hey. Thanks ::::D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Everything feels like it just happened yesterday...getting sent here, having to start from scratch in an unfamiliar school with unfamiliar people...until you met him. Everything changed forever after you first heard him call you a "fuckass" all those years ago when you moved into these dorms. You two shared experiences, classes, grades, lunch periods...EVERYTHING practically. He also means everything to you...you've known this since your first kiss, your first A+, your first everything relies behind that sharing uniform and spiky hair with candy-corn horns.

Your name is John Egbert and today is your birthday.

  You sit in class, resting your head on the desk while you wait for your English Teacher. You see a tall male with a black and red polo accompanied by grey slacks. His face is slightly blocky with a patchy black beard coming in. His horns are the same as Karkat's.  Speaking of which, he's bringing Karkat in; keeping a passive grip on his shoulder. The tall male says with vice, "N9w, Karkat; I understand that y9u d9 n9t enj9y my presence, 6ut y9u need to learn things. Underst99d? G99d, n9w g9 sit d9wn." Karkat growls softly and nods reluctantly before running over to the empty seat next to you.

The male stands at the front and introduces himself with calmness and a gentle gait.

  "G99d m9rning class. My name is Mr. Vantas and I will 6e y9ur English instruct9r until they can find a new staff mem6er t9 take my place. Mr Makara has retired, y9u see; s9 we shall learn t9gether in harm9ny. Shall we begin?" Karkat gives a low growl at the sight of the teacher.

   Mr Vantas takes roll call and students raise their hands as they are called. He reaches your name and you get a little embarrassed. "J9hnathan Eg6ert?" he calls. You raise you hand and say "just call me John." "J9hn it is then. Thank y9u. Karkat Vantas?" Karkat raises his hand reluctantly. All the girls chuckle, including Terezi Pyrope; who is cackling in the first row of the class near the window. "Thank y9u, s9n. Alright, here's t9day's less9n...."

----------------

    You and Karkat walk out of English and Karkat's just angry as all hell can be.

    Why is he so hostile towards his dad?

[TO BE CONTINUED]