Coming home

"Honey I've missed you!" My mom walks up to me with open arms.

"I can tell by how you reacted when I called you in the first place." I reply sarcastically.

"I was just worried about my little girl being alone with a boy. Speaking of this boy. Where might he be?"

My mom had just arrived at Ethan's house to pick me up.

"I don't know, upstairs somewhere." I roll my eyes.

"Well I really must thank Paul for watching over you, let's go in."

My mom pushes me back into the house.

"Caitlyn!" Paul says ecstatic as he brings my mom into a hug.

"Paul thank you so much for watching after my daughter."

"Oh it was no problem."

Ethan comes downstairs.

"These two got along great."

I look at Ethan and roll my eyes.

"Mrs Parker, may I steal your daughter away for a moment?" Ethan interrupts.

My guy churns.

"Sure. Paul and I will just be down here reconnecting."

She waves us off.

Ethan takes my hand and guides me up to his room.

"Megan please don't leave like this. I know I hurt you and I'm the biggest ass in the world, but I can't have you leave hating me. If I would've known my feelings for you would become so strong, I would've never taken that bet. I'll never be able to make it up to you but I hope you can learn to forgive me anyway because I'm so crazy about you."

His eyes start to form tears.

"I can't." I say. As I'm about to walk away Ethan grabs my arm and pulls me closer.

He stares into my eyes as if he's searching for a some kind of forgiveness.

"I love you." He whispers onto my lips.

I try to pull away but he pulls me back.

"Megan."

I look back up at him.

"I love you."

"We can't be together!" I shout finally pulling away from him.

I corner myself at the end of his room.

Frustration sparks through his eyes.

"Damn it Megan! Why not?" He shouts back.

My nerves start to tighten.

Was his room closing in on me? Suddenly it just seemed so much smaller.

"I know you love me too." He speaks. "I can see it when you look at me."

I shake my head.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have feelings for me."

Of course I couldn't do that. Of course I had feelings for him. Feelings I'd never felt before. But I also had mild hate towards him for what he did to me. I couldn't be in a relationship with a liar! What am I saying? I can't be in a relationship at all. I'm pregnant!

"Please Megan."

Frustration finally overcomes me.

Couldn't he see I just want to leave. This asshole has dragged me up to his room to confess his love to me and what? He just expects forgiveness. No! What he did to me was deceitful and he was so damn good at pretending to. I'll never be able to trust him.

"Give me one reason why we can't be together." He steps closer towards me.

"What? Besides the fact that you're a liar?" I shout.

"How about because I'm pregnant!"