Excerpt from 'Stop Whining, Start Praising (PAGE 55)

' Our Father Cares

      Years ago, while I was yet a child, Father was working in England and could not be home for Christmas. So, he mailed us a parcel that contained, amongst other items, special cups and beverage to complement breakfast on Christmas morn. Our usual fortnightly letters arrived with some detailed instructions. They contained a mathematical calculation that was pertinent to the difference in hours between the time zones in which we lived. Everyone, my siblings and I, read our letters carefully. Father's calculations had reconciled the differences in time so that, even though he was away in England, he would be having his breakfast with us at home, at the same moment!

      We could hardly wait until eight o'clock Christmas morning to drink that delicious cocoa from the cups Papa had sent us, and to eat those British biscuits with him, even though he was so many thousands of miles away from us! Whatever else we had for breakfast I have completely ignored or forgotten. Wow! There was excitement at the table. We talked and laughed. We could not contain our joy. We imagined how he was holding his cup, and even how he was drinking from it. We felt his presence with us and it made us very happy!

Matthew chapter 7:11 assures us that our heavenly Father is much more capable of giving good gifts to His children than any earthly father, and chapter 10:27-31 of the same gospel reassures us that He watches over us. God is aware of all our needs, emotional, spiritual, physical and otherwise, and He has our best interests at heart. His presence embraces us and draws us into His loving care. He is worthy of our praise. '