Chapter Twelve

She cried.

And cried even more and more, until her eyes started to hurt.

If something happened to him, Laura would never forgive herself. It was her fault - at least on her view.

After they took Ross to surgery, Laura begged Vanessa for staying on the hospital. She was crying hard on the waiting room, her sister's arms around her trying to comfort the petite girl.

An hour or so since Laura's breakdown, a doctor came.

"Ross Lynch?"

The two sisters stood up, Laura trying to not sob.

"I'm Doctor Harringson. The surgery was a sucess, but Mr. Lynch still have some serious damages. He'll have to spend sometime on ICU so he can recover from the car crash. The expected time is about a week or so."

Laura's face fell. Ross would spend a week without filming Austin & Ally. And when he comes back, he won't seem that good either. People would talk and rumors would spread around. But at the moment, she wouldn't care a bit about rumors, all she wanted was to see his face once again.

"Can... Can I go see him?" the sobbing girl asked, drying some more tears.

"Mr. Lynch is resting. And we are out of the visit time. You can come back tomorrow."

The girl crashed down again. Tomorrow? She would not be able to sleep. Or to eat. Maybe not even to get out of her house, she couldn't 'go and come back tomorrow'. "Please." she begged, crying loudly and hard. "It's all my fault" she said, as she turned to hug her older sister again.

The doctor saw it, and asked concerned: "You two seem pretty young. Is she his girlfriend?" he asked, reffering to Laura.

"Yes." Vanessa lied. As that was said, Laura looked up.

What was her sister doing?

"Well, then since his family didn't get here yet, I'll guess I can open an exception. But only this time. Follow me." he turned around, the two girls following him.

Vanessa dried off some of the tears of her baby sister of her face. 'Thanks.' she muttered, following the doctor.

As he opened a room with the numbers 890A, he said "Ms. Marano, he is unconsious because of the anesthesia and some of the medicines. But he can hear everything you say. Don't touch in any of the wires too. I can't let you stay the night, just until his family comes. If you need anything, just call whether me or Mary on the corridor." he concernly said, as he closed the door.

Laura looked at Ross.

'He is asleep. Only asleep, everything's fine Laura.' she repeated to herself

But seeing all those wires connected to him weren't helping at all. The 'BEEP' from the computer registering his heartbeat was normal, but she couldn't help but think on what would she do if the annoying sound stopped.

She sat on the chair near the bed as she felt her eyes water again at the sight of the blond boy

"I'm sorry" she mumbled, between cries and sobs.

She put her petite hand above his big one, interlocking their fingers - not tightnen it enough to hurt him, of course.

Ross did not look good at the moment. There were bruises and cuts everywhere.

"You know." she chuckled a bit, after a few moments "I am pretending to be your girlfriend. Otherwise they would never had let me in. Thank Vanessa later." she joked.

She imagined Ross laughing at the joke.

Then, she felt dumb.

Ross would never laugh at that. She would never say it if he wasn't unconsious.

She started crying hard again, placing her head on her free, left hand. Then, she felt the grip on her right hand be slightly tightened up. She looked up.

Ross was still asleep, but his hand was now holding hers back, as he said that 'Everything was gonna be alright'.

She smiled at it. "I miss your voice already." she said, a few tears still streaming down her face.

Suddenly, Rydel and Stormie busted through the door. Both started crying at Ross's sight, and the actress went there to comfort Rydel until Stormie was done talking with Ross.

Right after, Riker, Rocky, Ryland and Mark appeared on the door, and everyone exchanged hugs.

'I guess I have to go.' She sadly thought.

'I knew how I needed to go.

But I really didn't want to.'