Chapter 26

"So, Jackson... How are your grades in school?" Dad asked.

"Mainly 'A's and the occasional 'B'." Jackson said.

Wow.. I didn't know that.

"That's good." Dad said.

"Any sports?" Uncle Louis asked. Is this all they're going to be doing? Asking questions?

"I play baseball." Jackson said. Baseball boys usually have a nice arse.

Hmm, let's see shall we?

Okay, when we stand up cause you know, we're kinda sitting.

"El?" My head shot up and I looked to see who called me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You kinda zoned out there for a minute. What's on your mind?" Uncle Liam asked.

My face heated up from embarrassment and I looked at my lap.

Yes, let me just share with my whole family that I was thinking about what kinda of arse my... Soon-to-be boyfriend has.

"Just thinking about football and such." I said.

"We should go play some footie upstairs after we eat." Uncle Louis said.

"Yeah. Not like Jackson has any skills in that anyways." I said, smirking.

"Eleanor!" Dad said. I laughed.

"What?" I asked, laughing a bit still.

"Don't be so rude." Dad said, scolding me a bit.

"Dad, he knows I'm messing with him. He's even laughing." I said, pointing at his face.

"It's all good." Jackson said, shaking his head with a chuckle.

"But yeah. We should go play some." I said.

"Nothing too much. You know what you can and can't do with your head and such." Dad said, sternly.

"I know." I said, nodding.

Stupid head.

"Wait a second, are you American?" Uncle Harry asked, very slowly might I add.

"Yes I am." Jackson said.

They've been talking to him this whole dinner and they just found out that he was American?

"That's neat. What part?" Uncle Harry asked.

"California." Jackson said.

"Such a lovely state." Uncle Zayn said. Jackson nodded.

"Yeah. I miss it." He said. It'd be cool if we took him on tour with us to his home state.

That'd be neat.

"I bet." Uncle Zayn said.

"Well, we'll wait about 20 minutes then go play footie." Uncle Louis said. I nodded and put my plate in the sink.

Jackson and I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I leaned my head on his shoulder and kinda cuddled into him.

He put his arm around me, and we watched whatever was on telly. It was some odd children's show.