Chapter 5: Resolve

Yukina's POV

It's been several days since the death of Izuna and Madara didn't go back to the person he once was. Well, to everyone in the clan, he seems to be the same but I know that he isn't, he's change. He used to have warmth in his eyes but now their gone, his eyes were empty.

"What should I do to bring the old Madara back? If only Izuna was here, he'd know what to do."

I couldn't do anything, 'useless' is how you describe me. I walked and then spotted Madara, I was thinking of greeting him but I stopped. But then, he noticed and approached me.

"Yukina, we're going to war against Senjus again, be ready.", he said and walked passed me.

"Wait! Why couldn't we just stop this stupid war and come in peace!", I cried,"I'm sick of this idiotic war, it's the reason Izuna di-"

"You know nothing! You don't know how it feels to lose your only family.", his words cut me deeply, he said 'his only family'. Then what am I considered as up until now?

Madara was glaring at me with those eyes full of hatred and thirst for vengeance, it sent me the chills, I was afraid of Madara for the first time in my life.

"Why? Why are you looking me like that? Aren't I considered family as well?"

I couldn't reply back and just stood there like an idiot. Knowing that I have nothing more to say, Madara turned his back on me and left.

I kept thinking and thinking, I was an outsider all along, I don't belong here in the Uchiha clan and I obviously am not considered family to Madara, I'm all alone now.

I have no choice but to obey him, I went back to my room and prepare my weapon for battle.

I decided to not leave the Uchiha clan and will stay by Madara's side because he has no one now. He may not consider me as his sister but I consider as my brother and when the time comes when he meets the person who will always be by his side then I'll leave, that is my resolve.

The clan members were about to go to the battlefield and me as well. As we arrived at the battlefield, we could see the Senjus troupe, led by Senju Hashirama, heading here. Beside him was Senju Tobirama, I looked at Madara and saw that his eyes were full of bloodlust.

Madara charged towards the Senjus and so did Hashirama. The both of them are clashing their blades, each swing was so powerful even the ground was shaking. I couldn't help but think that both of them are amazing shinobi.

I noticed Tobirama approaching and I stopped him with my kunai and then he asked,"Why do you, a shinobi with no Uchiha blood, allied herself with the Uchihas?"

"Because Madara's my brother and I won't abandon him no matter what.", I replied.

"Even though he doesn't consider you his sister anymore?", he asked and that hits the right spot, my vulnerable one. Why does it have to be now? I wanted to forget about it but someone had to just bring the subject up.

"There's a possibility that Madara's just using you."

"So what? He can use me all he wants, he can consider me as his pawns but he's still my brother!"

"Loyalty, the only thing the Uchiha doesn't have, same goes for Madara. The Madara you know might have disappeared a long time ago, long before you noticed."

"We're in the middle of a battle!", I said so he would shut up.

I looked over at Madara and see that he was injured from Hashirama's attack. I ran to him and was about to touch his hand when he slaps my hands away.

"Don't touch me!", he said.

"But you're not okay, you're injured!", I complained.

"It's non of your business, just get out of my way, If you don't I'll kill you."

I stepped back far from Madara, just like Tobirama said, the Madara I used to know's gone but I want him back and I will returned him back to normal and we can laugh together again, just like a family.

One day, one day, I'll make that dream into a reality but for now........... all I can do is watch over him, in Izuna's stead.