Chapter 5: Digging a little deeper.

"Wait...Jack Frost?" blinked Anna when Elsa finished her story. "Thé Jack Frost?"

"Yeah, I tol-" Elsa's sentence died on her lips when Anna took the young guardian into a hug, screaming from excitement.

"Its such an honour to meet you!" squealed Anna as she nearly shook his arm off.

"Wait...How do you know who I am, and not you?" asked Jack as he looked from the younger sibling to the queen.

Anna gasped. "Elsa! How could you not know who he was? He's a legend from our own country!"

"He is?" asked the queen astonished to her sister.

The red-head grumbled. "Sis, what did you exactly do in all those years?"

"I didn't have time to read fairy tales, Anna! Besides, I think you always took them out of the library before I could even read them!"

"Hey! I never-" Anna paused at Elsa's words. "Yeah..yeah, you're right about that one..." said the princess sheepishly. She indeed didn't return those books as she was supposed too...

"Your highnesses?" One of the guards spoke, who held North and Sandy shackled in-between them.

"Captain, please release those two. They are, just like this boy, innocent in every way and I pardon their missteps." spoke Elsa clearly.

The captain's eyes widened at the sudden command, but did eventually what the queen command him. "Is there something else, your highness?"

"No, captain, that will be all..." mused Elsa. Suddenly she noticed how tired her captain of the guards looked. "Captain, is everything alright with you? You seem exhausted...Perhaps it is better if you take a few hours rest..."

"Your highness, nothing is as important but your safety." spoke the stubborn man.

"Then it is important for you to be alert whenever there is danger nearby me or my sister. Am I correct?"

The Captain was quiet for a few moments as he was torn in-between his duty and his own tired body. "You are correct, your highness. If it eases your mind, I will take my rest..." The captain bowed, before marching out the room along with the soldiers under his command.

Elsa had attired herself different then the usual ice dress she normally wore. Her dress was a lot like Anna's, only in purple and dark blue. Often, she went out in this clothing to just blend in with the people, who didn't recognize their queen in simple commoner's clothes..People expect what they expect to see, and the queen would certainly not be without a ice dress, would she?

As she walked on the market, along with Anna, she looked to the adress Kai had given her. Every citizen who wanted an audience with the queen, was asked to give up adress and name, so they could in case of disputes summon them quickly. According to Anna, the street should be nearby...

"It should be...here" commented the princess happy as ever while she walked on with Kristoff on the arm. She noticed Elsa didn't walk on and quickly stepped to her sister. "Elsa...is everything okay?"

The young queen bit her lip; she had practically thrown the girl out because of her lack of vision. "Its just...I mistreated her, Anna... I threw her out, because I thought she was a liar..."

"Hey, don't get all sad now?!" said Anna while smiling softly to her older sibling. Her face was pale, and there were bags under her eyes; She had only now noticed how busy Elsa always was with her duties as queen, and the young princess felt guilty for not being with her as much as she was in the beginning. She had been so happy with the open gates, and her relationship with Kristoff...she hadn't taken the time to ask her sister! "She'll forgive you..."