Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Don't worry, I-" Lily heard Jim shout. She ran towards his voice. He appeared out of a small pathway without his coat on.

"What's going on?" She asked as he stopped to look at the piping. Montgomery Scott appeared and went upwards following the current of the water.

"No. No!" Jim shouted as he saw Mr. Scott pass by. They ran around the corner, stopping to spot Mr. Scott.

When Lily spotted him, she followed the piping that led to a turbine. "Shit." She voiced out loud. Looking over at Jim, she knew he was thinking the same thing.

Turning back to Mr. Scott, who was approaching the turbine, Lily pushed Jim to move along. "Quick! Override the turbine release valve!"

"Working on it!" He informed her as his fingers flew across the keyboard to get it open.

"Turbine release valve activated." said the computer. They both looked up at the valve as it opened and released the wet Scot. He landed on his frontside and didn't move.

Once all the water cleared, the twins moved in to help him. "You all right? You all right?" Jim asked as they both sat Mr. Scott up. He sputtered and coughed as the water left his body.

"My head's buzzing and I'm soaked, but otherwise I'm fine." He answered. Lily internally sighed in relief. The three of them sat still for a moment.

"Good. Now we gotta go before security comes for us." Jim said and they both helped Scott up to his feet and ran.

Jim and Lily ran up stairs, down pathways, jumped some steps, anything to get themselves out of engineering as soon as possible. Mr. Scott just tried to stay at their pace. The members of engineering moved out of the way as they passed them.

The three of them went up one flight of stairs only to meet security. "Halt!" one of the guards yelled at them.

"No, no!" muttered Jim as he turned and began to head in the opposite drection before suddenly stopping, making Lily crash into his backside.

Mr. Scott held his hands up in surrender as Lily peered over Jim's shoulder to look at the oncoming security.

It was the person she wanted to see the least. The man who tried to disfigure Jim's face in her last bar fight in Iowa. Baldy, except he had more hair this time around.

Glad he found a solution. Lily thought sarcastically.

Lily stepped in front Jim, despite him trying to hold her back. He was more important than she was at the moment, or so she believed. And who knew what security was planning to do to them.

"Come with me, cupcake!" He said. Lily sneered at him and approached with her arms up. He lowered his blaster a bit, but enough for her to sucker punch him.

"Nice to see you too, cupcake." Lily sneered as she felt my arms being grabbed. "Hey! It was a one time thing! Promise I won't do it again!"

The person holding onto her let go of her right arm, but still had a death grip on her upper left arm. Cupcake (aka Baldy), after shaking his head from the blow, took a hold of Jim and another security guy took Mr. Scott.
----------------
The door to the bridge opened and they were pushed into the room. Once inside, Lily could see Spock was coming towards them. His face without emotion (as usual- except for the time when the whole planet sucked into a black hole and his mother dying thing happened), but Lily was sure he was surprised to see them.

He made eye contact with her momentarily then broke it. "Who are you?" He asked Scott.

"I'm with them." Scott said just as Jim spoke, "He's with us."