Three: Lunch

We walk for about five minutes and wind up at a pavilion type thing, except it doesn't have a roof. There's a bunch of benches and some kids are sitting around them waiting for lunch I'm assuming. Percy goes and sits down at a table while Goldilocks, still holding me, walks up to a guy with a beard and... horse legs? Whoa. I stare at him in awe. He looks at me and smiles. I smile back.

"Chiron is it okay if I sit with Percy and this little one at meals for a little bit. She seems to have a little bit of an attachment to us and I don't want the Hermes kids to scare her," Goldilocks says to the horse-guy whose name is apparently Chiron.

"That's fine, but once she's claimed she's going to have to sit with her cabin," Chiron responds in a gruff but comforting voice. Goldilocks nods and turns around. Some of the chatter from the other campers died down and I notice some of them looking at me. I blush and hide my face in Goldilocks shoulder, not wanting all of the attention. She protectively puts her hand on my back and walks to the table that Percy sat down at earlier.

I am placed on the bench in between Percy and Goldilocks. Goldilocks puts her arm around my waist and pulls me a little bit closer to her. I lean into her, grateful for her being so nice to me. I really feel a bond with her. Like she understands that I'm new and I'm scared. She feels like my big sister. Percy's not bad either. He seems sweet and protective. I like these two.

I reach up and pull on Goldilocks' sleeve. She stops her conversation with Percy and looks down at me.

"What is it little one?" she asks. I study the expression on her face for a couple seconds before finally asking her my question.

"What's your name?" I ask her in a small voice, not wanting to seem too demanding.

She chuckles a little bit before smiling and responding to me, "My name is Annabeth. And what might your name be cutie?"

"Elaine," I say, "But you can call me Lane." She smiles and surprises me by giving me a hug.

"You are just too cute!" she exclaims and I blush. Annabeth, I think to myself. Pretty name, pretty girl. Makes sense. "Awe thank you," she says and blushes. I give her a questioning look.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask.

"Yea you did little one," Percy responds. I look at him, my cheeks heating up from embarrassment. I make an "O" shape with my mouth. He and Annabeth laugh and suddenly a cup and a plate show up in front of me. I jump and Annabeth pulls me into her side a little more.

      "Either think or tell it whatever you want and it will show up," Annabeth says to me. I slowly nod, showing that I understand but that I'm still confused. Percy's cup fills with some sort of blue soda and Annabeth's fills with water. I look at mine and think 'pink lemonade'. The glass fills with my requested drink. My moth drops open and I stare at the glass in astonishment. This is way cool. Then I squint, wondering if... no not possible. But I try it anyways. I look at the glass and think 'blue pink lemonade'. And sure enough the liquid in my glass turns a light shade of blue.

      Percy plate suddenly has chicken fingers and fries on it and Annabeth's contains a salad. I look at mine and think ham and cheese. A ham and cheese sandwich shows up on my plate and I smile, feeling accomplished. Percy and Annabeth stand up along with the rest of the campers and I turn around so I'm facing out. This time, Percy picks me up and I tense a little, but Annabeth gives me an encouraging smile and I relax into Percy. Annabeth and Percy grab their plate and Percy bends a little so I can grab mine.

      Before we walk over to where the rest of the camp is Percy turns his head to talk to me.

      "Lane, there's something me and Annabeth need to talk to you about. I'll keep it short for now and after lunch we'll talk about it more down at the lake," Percy begins. I nod my head to show that I'm listening.

      "Do you know what the Greek gods are?" Annabeth asks and I nod my head. "Well," she continues, "All of the campers here have either a mom or a dad who is a Greek god. We're called demigods. It means that we are part human and part god." I stare at her, thinking about what she is telling me before finally nodding.

      Percy speaks up, "Right now we are going to go put a little bit of our lunch into the fire as an offering to the gods. I'm going to give mine to Poseidon because he's my dad. Annabeth is going to give hers to Athena because she's her mom. And we're not sure who your mom or dad is yet because they haven't claimed you, so you can say whatever you want, okay?" I nod, trying to process everything he told me.

      Percy walks over to the fire with me on his hip and Annabeth in tow. Percy goes first. Annabeth goes next and then she walks back to the table. Percy squats down and allows me to sit on his knee. I break off a piece of my sandwich and drop it into the fire. 'To whoever my mom or dad is, please claim me soon. I want to know who I am. I want to know who you are,' I think to myself.

      Percy stands up, placing me back on his hip, and walks back to the table with Annabeth. I slide my feet into the gap between the bench and the table, sitting down. Percy puts his plate on the table and sits down. We all begin to eat, me more slowly than most. I take small bites of my food and little sips of my drink while Percy and Annabeth talk about something. I think capture the flag maybe? I stay silent.

      I eat half of what was left of my sandwich and push the plate away from me a little bit. I take one last sip of my drink and put it next to the plate. 'I'm done,' I think to myself. The plate and the cup disappear off of the table. Percy and Annabeth look at each other and then give me concerned glances. They're probably worried because I didn't eat much. I shrug and lean into Annabeth. She wraps her arm around me and I play with her fingers while her and Percy talk.

      I start to doze off and I can feel someone lifting me off of the bench. I'm too tired to care who it is. They say something and I realize that it's Percy. I wrap my legs around his waist and lay my head on his shoulder. A gentle hand brushes some hair off of my face. I predict that it's Annabeth. She kisses the top of my head. I smile and drift into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: hey guys! Soooo this is the first fanfic I've written so please let me know how I'm doing! And I'm not gonna do that whole "this many likes/comments/votes for the next chapter". I'm writing cause I like to :) I'm gonna update as often as I can but I'm going to try to lay about 10 chapters down before I really get into a schedule for updates :) thanks you my fellow demigods!!