PROLOUGE

Grithim was a small, squat island with shores that stretched roughly five miles long and three miles wide. It curved the way a cell would, naturally with a few points that jutted of like cilia. The longest point of the island sprouted off the south side, the sand becoming narrower and narrower as it stretched out into the ocean, as if trying to break away from the rest of the land.

A thin river, or really due to its thinness, a stream, flowed directly through the center of the island. The volcanic rocks that littered the waterbed filtered the majority of salt from what was once seawater, making it drinkable. Then, the water flowed back into the sea, becoming dirty once more.

From first glance the island looked dark, ominous. This was partially due to the black sand that the beaches consisted of. This odd occurrence was created due to the volcanic activity that created the island. Eventually the volcano itself got eroded away, dirt and trees taking its place, the black sediments turning to sand.

However besides that, the island was small, nondescript, and located in the middle of nowhere, just below the cluster of islands in the Caribbean. It was the type of small speck that could go unnoticed, not picked up by any sort of radar. Unless you were looking for it that is, and no one was. This fact did not go unnoticed by the United Halves, formerly known as the United States, which is why they put it to use for their benefit.