Life's Too Short

Rick walked out of the room Carl was in, in search of Michonne. She had saved them that day. He honestly didn't know where he'd be without her. She kept him grounded, and stood by his side and brought him back when he lost it. As expected, he found her in the main entrance of the infirmary, the only one left. She never left, and Rick was beyond grateful, he needed her. He couldn't make it without her. "How is he?" she immediately asked, concerned for the boy who had become her bestfriend and like her son. "He's alright, Denise said she'd stay with him overnight, for us to get some rest." Michonne nodded her head and looked at him with careful, worry filled eyes. "And how are you, Rick?" she asked softly. "I, I don't know. But I'll be okay. You?" he replied, his blue orbs absorbing her brown ones. "I'm fine. Always am. Always have to be." she answered. "Life's too short, Michonne. You don't have to be fine." He offered a smile and she returned. "You're right Rick, life's too short." and with that, Michonne lightly kissed his cheek and left the infirmary. Rick's smile didn't waver, because despite all the crap he was going through, Michonne had just kissed him, and life was too short.

Thanks for reading! If y'all want me too, I'll continue. Lemme know!❤️