chapter 13 hanging out

We woke up around 2:00pm. That's the lastest we ever sleep. Usually we wake up around 8:00am because I prepare Isma'el breakfast while he get ready for work.

"Asmah is breakfast ready?" Isma'el shouts from the bedroom.

"Almost" I shout back. For breakfast I'm cooking pancakes ,saugages, and eggs.

"Asmah pick up the phone your friend is calling"

I pick up the phone.

"As Salamu Alaykum" I say.

"Wa laykum Wa salam sugar plup" shamsia excitedly say in the phone.

"Shamsia what are you so excited about?" I ask now excited.

"Okay so my dad just gave me $200 dollars in cash for no odd reason. He was just like 'Hey shamsia here's some money use it wisely'. I was like OMG!! Thank you Thank you! He just was like 'okay'. So I want you to come with me on a shopping spree. We can use this money to buy whatever"

"Okay so did you invite lulu, hayanna, fatimah too?" I ask as I flip the pancake.

"Lulu is at her grandma. Hayanna is at her cousin house. Fatimah is with her husband on their honeymoon. I called them but they all declined. So I was hoping you wasn't busy"

"I'm not busy but I just woke up so I'll have to call later when I'm ready"

"Alrighty then As Salamu Alaykum sugar poo"

"Wa laykum Wa salam" I chuckle.

I put the phone back on the hook and take the pancake out the skillet. I put two pancakes, two saugages, and an egg. I pour syrup on his pancakes and take his plate to him.

"Isma'el here's your food" I say coming into the bedroom where he was on his laptop.

"Thanks"

"Isma'el are we doing anything today?" I ask sitting on the bed.

"No. Do you want to do something?" He put a piece of pancake in his mouth.

"Well, shamsaa just called me and wants me to go shopping with her. Is that okay?" I ask nervously.

"Only if you don't come home late"

"Okay. I'll try to be in before maghrib comes in" I get off the bed and kiss his cheek. Then go back into the kitchen to eat my breakfast.

********

"Isma'el did you see my phone?" I ask looking under the bed.

"It's in the living on the coffee table"

"Oh, thanks" I run into the living room and take it off the charger. I put on my gym shoes and go back into the bedroom to get my purse.

"Asmah what's the big hurry" he ask looking at me as i put my phone in my purse.

"Shamsia comes too early when she picks people up so I'm hurrying to get ready" I say fix my hijab in the dresser mirror.

"Asmah just calm down baby" when I'm done fixing my hijab he pulls me to sit on his lap.

"Isma'el I need to go"

"Calm down" he squeeze me a little then he kiss my cheek.

"Can I get up now?"

"If you don't rush"

"Okay I won't" I get up and slowly walk out the room.

"Asmah I'll know if you run" he calls after me.