6//

The picture above is from when my phone was buffering Making Of Bliss and stopped on this frame. Made me laugh so hard!

//

It was well into the afternoon when Kelly decided to leave, but not without Chris going with her. The band, as they told me was called Rocket Baby Dolls, stopped playing their songs and packed away their instruments and headed upstairs. Matthew stayed in the basement where I still sat on the couch waiting for him.

"You lied," I said as he turned around and gave me a questioning look. "You said you didn't have a good voice, but you do. It's real nice." He laughed under his breath and locked his guitar case. Matt stood up and took a seat next to me on the couch. I stared at him as he looked back at me with his hands between his legs.

"Do you play?" I shook my head then stopped as I remember I used to play the piano and nodded my head. "I gotta hear you sometime. Did you like the band?" He asked as I looked away and stared at the drum set still standing up. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed at how Matthew reacted.

"I'm kidding! I really liked it, Chris is pretty good at the bass for never doing it before," I said as I looked back at him and he raised an eyebrow, not knowing that I knew that. "I listen to what you guys say most of the time. Just a select few conversations." We laughed together as Matt shifted in his seat, leaning back into the cushion.

"Why?" I was taken back by what he asked so suddenly and looked at him closer for an explanation. "You always seem to be hiding from people. Not talking, not being part of things, just sitting there and waiting till it ends. Why do you do that?" He stared into my eyes and I looked away, hoping to find a valid reason.

"I-I." I started as Matthew sat up straight and stared at me closely, making heat rise into my cheeks and turning the silence uncomfortable. Taking my hands, I rested them on my knees and stuttered on my words until I heard the door to the basement open and Matt's mom call down to us, saying the boys were leaving.

"I'm sorry," Matthew said as he stood up and walked to the stairs, stopping to stare at me again. My head was still turned down to the floor as I felt tears prick at my eyes. "I shouldn't have asked." He climbed the steps as he left me on the couch to clean myself up before going upstairs.

Standing out of my seat, I walked up the stairs and stopped halfway to wipe the water from underneath my eyes. I reached the top and saw Matt's mum standing at the front door with Kelly who was talking with her and holding Chris's hand as he chatted with Dom and Matthew. I didn't want to be seen crying so I waited there with my head down until Kelly said bye to me and Marilyn.

Just before she closed the front door, I walked out as Matt's mum waved to me and the boys and brought Matthew back in. I pasted Dom as he walked through the front lawn and stopped to wave back to Matt who was looking at me as I kept my head to the ground and trudged my way back to the center of town.

I took my time to get to aunt Gail's house, thinking over what Matt had said and asking myself if that's what everyone saw in me. Depressed and hopeless, hidden and oppressed, a shadow of the people who shined the brightest light. Matthew was the first person to ever tell me that I was like this, but he was also the first one to try and open me up.

"Valerie? That you, dear?" I heard Gail ask as I entered through the front door and stripped off my shoes and jacket. She was standing at the phone with it to her ear as I walked past her and into the kitchen. "Hold on a minute, Brad. No, she's fine just let me get her. Val, your father is on the phone for you."

I looked over my shoulder to her as she kept talking to him and scanned over my face that's filled with so many emotions and thoughts. She held the phone out to me as I set down the drink I grabbed from the fridge and spoke into the speaker. Dad told me of his plan to come over with Tucker and Susanna this weekend to see me and check on moms gravesite.

"Okay," I responded monotonously as he sighed into the phone and told me in a hushed voice of what Gail said to him about my absence at therapy. "I'll go soon, I promise. I just-just need to find myself first." He blew a kiss into the phone and thanked me for taking another chance at therapy. I said good night to him and hung the phone up on the wall.

"Gail, can you make an appointment at the medical centre for me?" I asked as she smiled lightly at me and kissed the top of my head before going back to the phone and calling the centre. I walked up to my room and sat at the edge of my bed as I felt the tears fall down my face and land on the floor beside my feet.