Chapter 2

I walked away from Theo, pondering the thought of him in my mind. Suddenly, I got interrupted by Ruthie. "Grace! I got big news for you! We got invited to The Marsh!" She exclaimed. "I got a text from Luke - that hot junior with the tounge ring. I don't even know how he got my number but who cares!"
"Wait... THE Marsh?" I questioned Ruthie. "I thought that was just for upperclassmen?" "I guess not." Ruthie smiled. How, all of a sudden, are we invited to The Marsh? The Marsh is made for rich people and, I must say, Ruthie and me are not THAT rich. Those parties are mostly an excuse to drink, smoke and hook up!
"C'mon Grace! Lets live a little! What do you say?" Ruthie was persuading me, and it was working. "Fine, let's go to The Marsh." We both cheered. "I'm gonna invite Rich." Ruthie said.
"Seriously?! I don't trust that guy." Never did and never will.
"We're just having fun, nothing serious." Ruthie said calmly.
I heard light footsteps trailing up behind me. "Hello Grace, Ruthie." I recognized the voice, it was Anna. Her long, fawn brown hair and her tight skirts made her look intimidating. "What are y'all talking about?" She asked, lightly.
"Figuring out which sexy photo I should send to my boyfriend." Ruthie said, sarcastically. "I know your quite the expert when it comes to sexting. I'd love your advice!"
"Ruthie!" I shouted at her.
"You should be careful Ruthie! God is always listening." Anna said quietly. She was always big about Church. As Ruthie was about to say something the Reverend - my dad was about to say something. Everyone applauded for him. "Thank you, thank you." He said. "It's a fine day to celebrate the Sabbath. This has been an incredibly blessed summer. But with school coming around the corner... its more important than ever to keep God in our hearts. To all our younglings, keep God close by with the choices you make. Sin and temptation is never far away." Everyone clapped for him. Then principal Franklin came up. He talked about how 2 female leaders in the community act as managers for the football team.
He then announced those 2 female leaders.
Anna Franklin and.. me as her co-manager. Everyone clapped for us, once again. It felt good to be in charge. Everyone can sleep at night knowing the football team is in good hands.