Five

With a long awkward five minutes of them both holding hands and walking in silence to the park, Taehyung finally let go of Hoseoks hand.

The tinted golden afternoon glow glistens and dangled in the atmosphere around them. They were on a street and they only needed to turn a corner and they would have arrived. There was a light breeze in the air that would break free and cool down the blushing cheeks of Taehyung every once in a while. The sun was always in eyesight, never to dissappear through the clouds which hadn't successfully dominated the sky on this particular day. Although the temperature wasn't hot nor sticky, the tension that Taehyung was making made things a little awkward.

He pulled his hand away and Hoseok looked at him in confusion. "You alright Tae?"

Taehyung nodded silently whilst still walking along the uneven concrete path, getting closer and closer to the park. "I'm just awkward with that kind of stuff." he lied. In truth of course, he wanted to hold Hoseok close and hug him tight, but he couldn't do that, he'd just met the guy. He wouldn't hit on his roommate, no matter how hot he is.

Hoseok chuckled slightly. "Sorry, I get told a get a little too close to people."

They both turned to corner to the small park that Hoseok had visited many of times. A very large tree was the first thing to catch Taehyungs eyes as it towered over on the parks small attractions, casting it in a shadow which was both of convenience and a nuisance at times. A colourful gate caged the slides and swings inside and a basketball court and a few benches were placed over on the right.

Hoseok silently ushered Taehyung over to an empty bench as a high pitched screech of a couple of children were heard when they slid down the slide.

When they made their way over, Taehyung sat down first on the far right of the bench. Hoseok bent down and sat next to him, before he twisted himself around and put his head on Taehyungs lap, bending his legs as he rested them on the rest of the bench. He grunted slightly as he relaxed and found a comfortable position, before putting his arm over his eyes to block out the sun.

Taehyung smiled when Hoseok layed on him, he started to get miniature butterflies in his stomach as he subconsciously stared at his lips, extremely tempted to lean down and kiss him slowly.

Taehyung was dragged away from his thoughts when Hoseok suddenly sighed loudly. "Aish it's so hot..."

Taehyung hummed in agreement and tried to look somewhere else and try not to get distracted again. He eyes widened in excitement when he seen the the small ice cream stand across near another bench. His heart sank when he realised he didn't have time to grab anything when Hoseok dragged him away.

He looked back down at Hoseok and jumped a little when he was staring straight back at him. Hoseok quickly looked at the man in the stand giving the little girl an ice cream, and back at Taehyung. "You want one?"

Taehyung nodded eagerly but then backed away a little. "I mean... You don't have to..."

Hoseok got up and pulled out his wallet, before making his way to the stand alone. A few minutes later, he came back with a singular ice cream in his hand. "Here." Hoseok sighed handing it to Taehyung.

Taehyung took it and looked up at him as he repositioned himself to how he was before, except he lay his head sideways and he put on of his palms in the middle of his knees. "Where's yours?"

"Aeh~ don't want one. I wanna talk."

Taehyung took his first lick and the sweet red sauce tingled on his tongue, mixed with the cold sensation of the vanilla ice cream. "Yeah sure. Shoot."

"Why were you looking for a house? You know, like before you moved."

Taehyung sat silent for a while, watching Hoseok snuggle up like a kid. "I got made fun of alot because I was gay in my last dorm, and I just couldn't stand it anymore."

"Wow. That must of been tough."

Taehyung hummed in agreement. "Is that all you wanted to ask me?"

"No, I want to know everything. Personal things so we can trust each other more. Do you have any secrets?"

He shook his head, frowning a little trying to remember. "No I don't think so..."

"Aish... So lame." Hoseok sighed, making Taehyung chuckle. Hoseok sat up and looked at Taehyung in the eyes. Taehyung stared back and waited for him to answer, but instead received awkward silence. "What?" Taehyung said, a small chuckle lingering on the tone of his voice.

Hoseok stared and him and Taehyungs watched his eyes flick down to his lips for a moment, making his heart beat a little faster that it should of. "Your just a really handsome dongsaeng." Hoseok reached forward and stroked his cheeks with the back of his index finger, cupping his cheek in his hand.

Taehyung took his mind off what Hoseok was doing and talked. "How do you know I'm not an the older one?"

Hoseok smiled and cupped his other cheek before letting go. "Because I just know. And you should be calling me hyung."

Taehyung nodded and licked the dripping ice cream. "Nae~"

He smiled at the younger one and leaned back down onto his leg. "I could just kiss you right now." he said randomly looking up at him.

Obviously, Taehyung was taken aback, but mostly flattered, so he was about to agree with him when. Hoseok butted in.

"But I can't. Sadly. Because I'm not gay." Hoseok chuckled closing his eyes again.

That hit Taehyung. It was realisation of how Hoseok really felt, despite all the skinship. He sighed quietly and secretly wished that he was gay too, just so he could at least have a chance with him.

"Come on, we should go." Taehyung said, standing up and accidentally making Hoseok hit his head off the bench.

Taehyung walked off without saying sorry, leaving the older rubbing his head and getting up to follow him.

When he caught up, he put his hand in his waist and pulled his dongsaeng closer. He reached over and pressed his soft lips of Taehyungs cheek, making slow sweet contact with his skin.

"Your still my best friend Taehyung. Even if your gay and I'm not." he said leaning his head on his shoulder.

Even if they were never going to be thing, Taehyung still nurtured these moments they were having right now, even that small kiss on his cheek that probably meant nothing to Hoseok.

~