1

Delilahs pov

I stand in the airport terminal, playing with the ends of my favorite grey sweater. Josh and Tylers plane should be landing any minute. I haven't seen either of them in almost four months because they've been on tour. You see, I would have gone with them but I had to work and I can't lose this job.

I glance up and see my brother and Tyler walking towards me, bags in hand. "Josh!" I squeal, running to him. Some people look over at us but I don't care. He lets go of his suitcase and picks me up, spinning me around.

"Do I get a hug?" Tyler asks, holding his arms out. Josh sets me down and I run into Tylers arms, almost knocking him over. "Hey there Delilah." He says, laughing at his reference. "Shut up." I mumble into his chest.

Yes, my parents did name me after the girl in the song "Hey There Delilah". It was my mothers favorite song at the time. My grandmother thought that she named me that because I looked like a Delilah, with my dark brown hair and grey eyes. But apparently not, and my name has been giving me song references for almost twenty five years.

I take Tylers ukulele from him and start heading towards the sliding glass doors, leaving them to pull their own suitcases. "How was the first leg of the tour?" I ask excitedly when we reach the car.

"It was fun." Josh answers, throwing his bags in the truck. "I don't know how else to describe it." I nod. Thats understandable.

"What was the most memorable part then?" I ask. They knew this was coming and they had no way of stopping me. Since I couldn't go with them, I have to know all about it. "I almost got killed by a security guard." Tyler says suddenly. I stare at him in shock.

"He was climbing and a security guard grabbed his legs. He almost fell." Josh explains. I give Tyler another hug. "I'm glad that you're okay."

We get in the car and I start it. Josh gets in the passenger seat and Tyler takes the middle seat in the back.

The hour and a half car ride consisted of Tyler singing some of their songs and Josh hitting random things in my car to try to drum along. Finally, we reach my apartment complex and I pull into my garage. "We're home children. Get your stuff." I tell them, getting out of the car and heading towards the trunk.

After we get everything upstairs, we all collapse on the couch and turn on the tv. About an hour later Josh goes to bed, leaving Tyler and I alone in the dark living room. "Do you want to go on the balcony?" Tyler asks, staring out the sliding glass doors. He grabs my wrist and we make our way onto the small deck.

We stare up at the stars for awhile, admiring their beauty. Eventually, Tyler looks at me and smiles. "How have you been holding up these past few months?" He asks, still not looking away. I shrug.

Isn't it weird how normal for one person is completely different than normal from another? Take me for example. I'm a 24 year old who works seven hours a day in a comic shop at the mall. Sometimes I take care of my little cousins on the weekends. But hen there's Josh and Tyler, leaving every 8 or so months to go on tour and then halfway through seeing your family.

"I guess I've been alright." I say, finally answering his question. In middle school and part of high school I was bullied a lot, causing me to go through severe depression and anxiety. Eventually Josh and Tyler found out about everything and told my parents, from there thy sent me to therapy on Wednesday nights. It helped a lot and I know that Tyler is still worried about me.

"Good." He mumbles, moving a little closer to me. We're silent again for a few minutes. "I always feel bad." Tyler says, looking back up at the stars. "We come home and its all about us. We never hear about you anymore. You're always too busy asking us questions about how everything went and trying to make us feel comfortable." He pulls me into a sudden hug.

"Thank you for that."
__________________________________________

Ok so I know that I have a million other fan fictions that I'm not updating very much and I'm sorry about that. This book has been going around my head a lot and I have a ton of ideas. I will update this and the orhers when I have time. Thank you! -A |-/