Chapter 8

Beyonce's POV

I can't believe Justin wants to take Daya all the way to London, knowing he doesn't parent her the way I do. She basically gets away with murder around him.

"Can you believe he even thought it was a bright idea to go to London with her? He must be out his damn mind." I told Jay.

"He can't make that kind of decision without your permission and the courts so don't stress yourself." He said.

"How can I not when he wants to take her across country. I'll have to call my lawyer about that." I said.

"Well when he comes back tomorrow we'll talk it out. Just relax. Blue's been sleeping good and we don't wanna wake her up." He said.

"Alright."
~~~~~
Daya's POV

I kind of heard mom and pops yelling late last night and I have no idea what it was about. My dad is crazy with his punishments, so I can only imagine what he comes up with.

Making my way down to the kitchen, I saw my mom making breakfast.

"Good morning." I said. She glanced my way and continued cooking. Welp. So much for a greeting.

"You're not going to school today, but don't think it's a free day for you." My mom said. I sighed.

"I know you probably don't wanna hear it, but I'm sorry. I keep making stupid choices and it won't happen again." I said. She handed me a plate.

"Well you're going to keep making mistakes, that's just life but you need to realize the consequences of them. You can't follow the crowd just because it's cool; that's what I'm most disappointed in. Learn to trust your instincts & if you know it's not gonna end well, don't do it." She said.

"I know and I'm sorry." I said.

"You had us so scared at the hospital. Don't do it again or you're gonna wish you were in a hospital." She said. My eyes widened.
~~~~~
Justin's POV

If Beyoncé thinks I'm just kidding about taking Aubree with me to London, she's got another thing coming. Obviously her parenting isn't impacting Daya the way it should. She's focused on her new baby, which is understandable, but our daughter is spiraling out of control.

"Hey Bey. Lemme speak to Aubree before we talk." She opened her door more & led me inside. I walked up the stairs to Daya's room.

"Hey baby girl. How you feeling?" I asked.

"I feel fine. I take the medicine, and it just makes me sleepy." She said.

"Listen, what you did can't happen again. You need to make better decisions. What you do can be headlines all over social media...stop following your friends." I said.

"I'm sorry daddy. I'm going to do better." She said.

"That's all I'm asking. And just so you know, those Chanel bags & outfits you wanted from London... I sent them back. Learn to act like you have sense." The look on her face was priceless. She was about to cry, but I don't do all those tears & she knows it. I left her room & met back up with Beyoncé.
~~~~~
Beyoncé's POV

"So what were you saying last night about London?" I asked.

"I'm serious Bey, I want to take Daya with me. I think it'll be good for her." He said.

"Justin that's not gonna happen. You're going to be in and out the house doing whatever & who's going to stay on her schoolwork. It's the middle of the year!" I said.

"She's laying up in the hospital & skipping school under your watch so I think she'll be better in my care." He said.

I laughed. Typical Justin to start with the low blows. "I can't believe you just said that. A kid will find a way to do what they wanna do regardless & you know that." I said.

"Doesn't matter. You're focused on Blue & that's understandable so lemme just talk to her & see if she wants to go." He said. I shook my head.

"Justin leave it to a child to decide and of course they'll want to go across country. I'm not having that & if you wanna take it up with our lawyers, then go ahead."

*****COMMENT, VOTE!*****