My baby girl #14

Patrick's POV

"She'll be okay, she just has a minor concussion." The doctor assured me.

I let out the breath I've been holding in for some time now.

The baby

"And what..what about the baby? Is the baby okay?" My voice cracks.

You're such a mess Patrick, get it together man. Amanda is okay.

But is the baby?

"The baby is just alright. We did an ultrasound to see if any damage was done by the fall. Your baby is okay.." His voice drifts off.

The baby is okay.

"But.." Oh god no, I don't like this already.

"There is a bruise on Amanda's back that brought some concern" His voice high but manly, no slouch in the shoulders, white coat, nice, sad smile.

"What do you mean? You think she was pushed down the stairs? That's impossible, she was home alone" The thought of someone hurting her angers me.

"We do think she was pushed down the stairs. The angle of her fall wouldn't bruise the middle of her back like that. She fell on her left side." My jaw clenches, and a fist forms.

"What the hell" I mutter under my breath, and run a hand through my hair and rub my eyes with my right hand with my pointer finger and my thumb.

"Then who the hell pushed her down the damn stairs"

"That is being under investigation right now. As of right now, she needs to rest. We will keep her overnight for observation. If she does great throughout the night, she can leave tomorrow afternoon." He said that like he's said that a dozen times.

He obviously has you idiot, he is a doctor after all.

He leaves the room.

I walk over to Amanda, I lay down right next to her, and I hold her in my arms.

"Pa..Patrick?" Worry in her voice.

"I'm here baby girl, I'm here, everything is alright."

I hear her whimper, causing my heart to break.

God, I don't like it when she's hurt.

"Don't le..leave me.." She cries into my shoulder, and her shakes starts to increase.

"I won't baby, I promise I won't" I rub her shoulder sympathetically.

"Th..the baby, is the baby okay?!" Panic rises out of her voice.

"Please tell me the baby is okay"

"The baby is okay. Nothing happened to the baby" I hear a breath of relief escape from her lips, as a sad smile forms on her face.

"Oh thank god" She cries again.

"I love you, I love you now, I'll love you tomorrow, I'll love you forever. You're my girl, my beautiful amazing and caring girl. I wouldn't trade you or what we have for the world and that's that. I know it's tough right now but rest assured I'll never leave you, I swear on my life. You have me forever, you have my heart and soul. I love you Amanda, so fucking much" I whisper in her ear.

"I love you so much Patrick, so so much. Thank you for being here for me" She whispers and I hear her fall back to sleep.

"Anything for you baby girl, anything for you" I kiss her temple, and I fall asleep with her.

A/N: I am so sorry. I had a huge writers block and I had so much school work. I promise another update tomorrow :)

-Shea