Flight in the Night

Chapter 31

(Flight in the Night)

Jimmy sat quietly in the hotel suite looking from Eros to Cupid and back again. He cocked his head to the side before commenting, “Aren’t you both supposed to have wings?”All eyes fell instantly on the skinny human male.

“What?” Cupid asked completely caught off guard.

“Well they always show depict you as having wings and a picture we saw at the museum showed Eros with wings,” Jimmy replied simply as he crossed his arms and leaned back in the red chair by the table.

“I can’t believe I’m going to say this but Jimmy has a point,” Patty acknowledged. “I’d say no but we didn’t know Nike was Nikki and she has wings.”

“We have wings,” Eros sighed.

“Can we see?” The Dark haired god looked at Alexandra surprised by her request. “Please?” The redhead added.

“As you wish.” The mortals watched as the God of Erotic Love stood up and slipping off his shirt he allowed his black feathered wings to come forth.

“Wow!” Patty said openly delighted. She got up from the couch and walked closer for a better look.

“Does that hurt?” Jimmy asked. No wings and suddenly wings must be painful in his book.

“No,” Cupid said simply.

“Did Meredith freak when she saw your wings?!” Patty asked becoming curious about what the blonde woman’s reaction might have been.

“She never saw them,” Eros replied.

“Never?” Nike challenged. The Goddess was well aware winged gods often showed their wings proudly during passion.

“Never,” Eros replied looking over at the goddess he longed to hold. “I’m only showing them now because Alexandra asked me to.” Nike gave a simple nod before walking over to the glass French doors to peer outside at the night sky.

“We understand if you need a flight,” Alex told her. Nike looked at her. “Your flights relax and calm you; I understand that. I ask only one thing.” Nike looked at her with curiosity. “Take Eras with you.”

“Eros?” She asked not hiding her surprise at the woman’s suggestion.

“There are more enemies now and I don’t think anyone should be alone.” The redhead looked at Eros. “Would you please go with her?”

“I,”

“She’s right Nike. You need to get out. Besides, even Eros should stretch his wings.”