Chapter 2 I'm a what?

I'm a what?

I followed him with my head lowered, the rim of my dark hood hiding my face from anyone I may pass.

He takes me to the back of the pub and into a private room through a set of doors.

He stops at another door and tells me to wait for him. He then goes into the room.

I can't think of who he is. He looks so familiar yet strange. I wonder why he bought me in here. Is my uncle in their. My heart is pounding so loud in my chest. Is the peculiar grey eyed man telling my uncle that he caught me outside of the pub.

My thoughts soon stop when he comes back out.

"Come in."

I slowly and carefully follow him into the room. My whole body is shaking why did I have to be so curious. Why did I have to go against my uncles main rule. He pops his head out and after a few seconds closes the door and locks it.

I can't help but gulp at the sound of the click.

He gives me a little nudge towards who I was assuming is my uncle.

I breathe in and out, count to three and then look up.

They are definitely not my uncle.

Sat in front of me are three people eating their supper. The grey eyed man goes over to his seat and carries on eating.

///////---------------------------\\\\

One of the people stop eating and stands up. She comes over to me and offers me her hand to shake.

I reluctantly shake her hand, a small electric shock runs through my hand.

She beams down at me and nods.

"My name is Yvonne, it is a pleasure to meet you?"

"Raven. My name is Raven. It is a pleasure to meet you too. Although... why is it that I was allowed to interrupt your super?"

"Oh nonsense, Marcus bought you here because you will be this years chosen. It's a privilege and practically a birth rite to be a chosen."

That left me shocked. I'm the chosen one. I was special enough to be the first chosen in my village in eleven years. Wow. Just wow.

She quickly unlocked the door and went out of the room. She was gone a couple of minutes and then came back in followed by a short plump women.

"Please could you fix up anything this young lady would like for supper and put it on our bill. Oh and could you send another chair through please."

The short women looked at me and asked me what I would like. I quickly looked at the table it all looked good but not as good as what Marcus was eating.

"Could I have what Marcus is eating please?"

Hearing this Marcus choked on his food and quickly washed his mouth full of food down with a sip of his drink.