Monsoon Max's Chapter

Max

I stared out over the mountain top thinking of what I had to do next.

You have to kill her obviously.

No I don't have to kill her. I just...

You have to kill her.

I shook my head and the evil thoughts in it. What was I going to do? I couldn't kill Liza. It's not right.

You're already a demon, what more harm could you do? It's simple just...take her by surprise.

SHUT UP!

I was trying hard to concentrate but SOMEONE won't keep their opinions to themselves. If I keep her in hiding...no that won't work they'll find her....uhm...god this was very frustrating. I finally gave up and walked back down. Before I knew what I was doing I ended up walking to Liza's cabin. WAIT! Not....not yet...I forced myself to move in the other direction. I couldn't trust myself to be so close to her right now. Especially with Buddy lurking around.

I'm always going to be around.

I hit my head a couple of times and then there was silence. But it was too silent...I looked around the forest expecting someone to come out of the blue...oh they came alright. But it just wasn't a person.

The wind picked up, the ground shook under me, flames appeared next to my body and with a blink of an eye I went down. I fell flat on my back, you know you'd think I'd be use to that already, but they always caught me by surpr-

"Get over here", the demon said. Great, just great. Thanks for ratting me out Buddy. I caught of glimpse of him laughing from the corner of my eye as I walked towards the demon. "What do you think you're doing?" it asked angrily.

"I was just-"

"No. You were just backing out of the plan. You know the drill. Get the girl's trust. Kill her. End of story. We don't need to make this anymore harder than it has to be. Now get up there and get what he wants." It said.

I landed on my back again, only this time I was in the middle of Liza's cabin. I got up slowly to see she was still sleeping. I looked at her for a moment. How can I do this to her? I mean, I've done it before, but now...it seems wrong. Bad. Sinful. But I have to do what I have to do.

The sun came out and I stood by the river, waiting.

"Max," a soft voice said from behind me. I turned to smile at her, and my smile got bigger when I actually saw her. Wait...oh man. I was falling for her. This wasn't good...this wasn't good at all. But I couldn't blow my cover.

"Hey, morning", I replied. Keep your good face on Max, good face.

"So what's on the schedule today? Demon hunting?" she said with a laugh. I just looked at her. Was she serious? "It was a joke!" She rolled her eyes at that one. A joke? Oh right, right, I knew that.

"Speaking of jokes, I have the perfect one for that weasel girl. What was her name?" I asked looking at her.

"Stephanie?" she asked, confused.

"Yeah, her, come on let's go", I took hold of her hand and walked back to the camp. "Hide behind that bush, quick", I knelt down in the grass next to Liza. "Wait for it...wait...there", I pointed to the weasel girl walking to the mirror. I tried to hold in my laughter as her face held a horrified expression. Her hair had fallen out! "Isn't that funny?!" I said between breaths. I thought it was funny.