What's happening

Hours later, a loud shattering sound from outside wakes me up.
I look at my clock, 4:30. I get out of bed and walk to my window and Nothing seems to be wrong.
I walk back to my bed and go back to sleep.
My alarm goes off. I turn it off and sit up, no sunshine today.
"Mom!" I shout as I walk down the steps.
She runs up to me and covers my mouth "Shhhhh! They will hear you!".
I swipe her hand away "what are you talking about mom?"
"Just listen to me, keep quiet and go change clothes and pack some also. We are getting out of the town!"
I try to get her to explain but it's no use, so I do as she says and go change my favorite red jacket and a pair of blue jeans.
Suddenly I hear a loud scream.
I run down the steps and see my dad on top of my mother.
"Dad....?" I whisper.
He turns and looks at me blood is running down from his mouth, and onto the shirt he was wearing last night.
He gets up and starts walking towards me. His glossy eyes are almost like he has no life in him but he's clearly walking.
"Dad! What's happened you've been hurt! We need to get you to a doctor!"
He starts sprinting toward me and lunges at me. We both fall to the ground.
"Dad stop! What's wrong with you its me zoey!!!!"
I hold him back, he's growling and chomping at me.
I scream "somebody help!" It's no use I'm inside and nobody will hear me.
Suddenly a gun shot is hear and it hits the floor nearly an inch from my shoulder.
My dad goes limp and silent. I shove him off of me onto the floor.
And hand reaches down for me "come on zoey we got to get out of here!' It's bill.
"Bill! What's going on?!"
He helps me up "I don't have time to explain. We need to gather up supplies and leave." He starts to look through drawers
"What about my parents?!"
He stops and looks at me "zoey, your parents are gone. You dad turned into one of them and your mom will soon and we have to go."
He give him a confused look "wait what do you mean "one of them"?"
He gets all of our medical supplies "no time to explain. Come with me now!" He hands me a pistol "do you know how to shoot one?"
I nod.
"Good now come on we have to go!" He grabs my hand and leads me toward his jeep.
We start the car and suddenly another appears.
I see josh run after it and take a knife to its head.
"Boy get in!" Bill yells.
Josh listens and sits in the back seat.
"You're not bit or anything are you?" Bill asks.
"No sir! What's going on?!"
Bill turns up the radio.
"A state wide crisis is being announced for Kentucky, the center of disease control in Washington disease has issued a viral outbreak in multiple states. Symptoms include fever, nausea, and even canibalism."
"So it's like a zombie out break...." Josh interrupts.
Bill turns down the radio. "Yep, they don't know what started it wither."
"Maybe it was from the mosquitoes, or the water shit it could be anything." I reply.
"All I know is we need to get somewhere safe." Says josh.
"Rumor has it that there's a hotel in Lexington that is like a safe zone away from these things." Bill says as he lights a cigarette.
"Zoey where's your mom and dad?" Josh asks.
I don't say anything, I just look down.
"Ooh." Josh sits back in realization.
"So our goal right now is to get to the hotel right?" I try to change the subject.
Bill nods. From the hotel we can see anything if it's the tall one. Only thing is the chance of some dead already inside. But I recon from a radio signal I heard it was safe. But that was on my police scanner at home."
"What's happening?" I mumble to myself