Once Upon A Time, The End

SORRY FOR THE COVER PICTURE > stolen from Google and I'm not into editing. hahhahaha

This is my first one shot in pure English. My narration is a hetergeneous of consconscons-exaggerated John Green (ahem. hahaha. I am that ambitious. Like, really.), so if you're not used to some terms and techniques in delivering statements, you might say I'm trying to be poetic. or lunatic. ANYWAY, NICE READING YOU ALL. :)

<thanks to @exoticynthea for the title 50%>

(sorry for some english errors - grammar, spelling, terminologies...etc...)

----------------

''Emma, I got to tell you someth----''

''U-uh Stan, next time. Promise. I gotta go. Mom's waiting. Sorry.''

It's been days since my ignoring-Stan-drama is on. My bestfriend is dating the hottest girl in school and I hate it. I'm just concerned. Concerned? Or maybe I got the wrong term. Yes, my role is the usual bestfriend who doesn't have the guts to confess my real feelings for Stan. You know, I've been telling him not to pursue her since this whole freakin' place knows that girl is one cassanova-Elizabeth-Taylor-Queen.

''Hey Emma.''

I didn't answer. I just continued pacing towards the school gate then someone behind me dragged my arm.

''Wait.''

I faced him. The alpha and the omega of my heartache.

''I don't get you. You've been acting like this for days.''

I just looked down. I know, and I don't wanna talk about it right now.

''Tell me, what's wrong?''

He held my cheeks as if he's trying to look me in both eyes. This kind of thing is really special to me, but of course it doesn't make any difference to him. Him, holding my cheeks, is just like kissing his mom. But I just tried to remain as is, although I can't resist his treacherous plea.

''Nothing.''

.

''No. Something's wrong. Tell me straight and I'll let you go home.''

Sigh

Okay

''It's... You're dating this girl ... and me... You, her....''

He actually remained silent for seconds but I slowly gazed at him---seeing the evolution of his smile.

I got pissed off seeing his face. Let's consider I'm hiding my everything for him within years and now, I don't get him. That face, annoying. It annoys me a lot. But at the same time, it pumps my heart from time to time, subdividing every second of its beating.

''Hahahahaha.'', he bursts into laughter while me, hanging on a cliff, frozen with his smile.

I woke up in an instant.

''What!?'', I said.

''You know Emma, Me and her, it's nothing.'', he smiled again.

''What?''

''Nothing.''

What?!

''I said nothing. So don't be so jealous okay!? Hahahaha.''

''You!!!'', I was a bit shocked and totally embarrassed. He knew it? Okay, I'm busted.

I pushed him away slightly.

I'm about to turn around but he grabbed my arm for the second time.

''Wait Ems.''

''What!''

''It's this. I like you. I really really like you. And sorry for that game. Me and her dating. Making you jealous...''

''Shut up!'', I said it to terminate everything. No, I didn't mean that. I just don't know what to say. I don't know how to react.

He likes me?

I don't get him.

''So, you're not gonna say any word? Words of grattitude? Appreciation? Ems?'', he's teasing me.

He tickles my internal being although I remained dozed off. I hope i didn't blush.

tik tok

tik tok

tik tok

''Okay Ems! If that's your game, I don't wanna play. Bye!'', he got pissed off. I wasn't answering him for the whole period.

He was walking really really fast, crossing over the street, racing with vehicles and other engine-ran machines.

Wait. Stan? Seriously? You like me? Geez Stan, you just don't know how the way you told me that got my world crazy. Stan, I like you. I REALLY DO.

''STAN!!!'', I called him, screaming, pitching my vocal cords at the highest peak just to get the attention of the man who holds my future. I call it an Honest Presumption.

He heard me.

He stopped, in the middle of the highway, slowly facing me.

He smiled. The smile that's merely even brighter than the rays of our Solar System's king. Oh, Stan. It's like he reads my thoughts. He knows why I called him. 'Cause he knows that I like him. Even before.

I smiled too. Smile turned into laughter. Into tears of happiness, that my heart wasn't broken after all.

''STAN PLEASE STAY AWAKE, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!'', I'm holding his hands, while him, helplessly lying on the rough, brutal concrete. Bleeding. I capped his forehead to resist the intense flow of his life.

"STAN PLEASE! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!"

I'm such a Loser. Stan is now seconds away from Hades because of my drama. Just sh*t. What the hell am I saying. Stan, you're okay. Okay?

Oh Stan, I'm so so so sorry. I can't hold back my tears. I really can't.

He's not answering me. Although the noise of everything around us stings my eardrums. The people encircling us, the cars, trucks, the sirene of ambulance although obviously still somewhere, I can still hear him breathing. I can still listen to his heart saying I'M NOT GONNA DIE I PROMISE.

''E...emma.... I .... I......''

Stan please don't close your eyes! Stan!

He has stopped breathing. Cold as ice.

:(