Chapter 63

There was another young dwarf walking around that night as well. A young prince at that. Prince Kili. He heard a voice. A very lovely voice. He stood there quietly and listened to it sing.
"You have a very lovely voice." He called out. Ragna gasped and almost fell out of the tree. Kili looked up and saw her.
"Come down here." He told her. Ragna slowly climbed down.
"That song, I've never heard it before. Did you write it?" He asked her.
"No. Dalila did. I just really like it." She blushed embarrassed.
"It suits your voice. Why do you hide your voice?"
"I don't do well in front of others."
"I can fix that. Stick with me and you'll be a pro with others."
"I'm the exact opposite of you."
"Maybe that's why you need to stick with me. I've been told I'm quite reckless. Maybe I need someone like you to keep an eye on me." As he said this he inched closer to her and the closer he got the softer he talked. He stared in her eyes.
"I'm going to kiss you now." He said and gently brushed her lips.
"We can't. You're a prince."
"I don't see the problem. My brother is with your best friend. And she's not a princess."
"But she's beautiful."
"So are you. You're the prettiest girl I've ever laid eyes on Ragna. Please give me a chance."
"You really think I'm pretty?"
"Gorgeous." He kissed her gently.
"Alright. But let's not be open about it. Of course I have to tell Dalila. She's my best friend. But I don't want everyone knowing yet."
"Whatever you want."
"And how did you know my name?"
"I have my ways." He smirked.
~~~~

Awwww!! Ragna and Kili! How cute!