A Strange Incident

"I couldn't save her."

-In class-

"I'm serious, Hiromi! I've been getting these weird dreams recently!" I said pausing for a moment and continuing, "sometimes I feel like I'm reliving the woman's life with that man, but his face was blurred out...although they seem very happy..." I paused remembering the other dream I also had. It was in an amusement park.

"But going back! The dream I just had recently was different! And this time I was most likely not reliving in the woman's body, I was actually seeing them. And the man's face wasn't blurred but everything happened so quickly that I saw his real eyes filled with hurt, pain, and loss!"

Hiromi nodded and looked at me, "(M/n). Do you even know what your saying? It's just a dream."

"But it felt so real though..." I pouted and felt my hair getting ruffled. "-sigh- Ok, Ok enough of that. Class is starting." Hiromi turned around facing the front, and I just sat there looking to my left, which was a window, and through that window, sakura petals were dancing with the wind. In the corner of my eyes, I suddenly saw someone behind the sakura tree. 'Hm?'

'Please keep them from disappearing..'

I suddenly stood up from my chair and looked at the woman who was now walking away. "(L/n)-kun, is there a problem?- (L/n)-kun!"

I removed my sight from where she was at to my sensei. "N-no sir, there's no problem. Sorry."

"Very well, pay attention, or else you'll be staying after class to write me a report about how to not get distracted during a lecture." He said sternly and turned back to the board and resumed the lecture. In addition, I got laughs and giggles from my classmates.

-After School-

"Ok Hiromi, I'll see you tomorrow!" I waved at Hiromi as I walked to an opposite direction from him. I looked up at the bright blue sky, which somewhat felt calming. I gently closed my eyes but suddenly opened them, the sight of the males teal blue eyes came into mind.

I stopped walking and looked down, 'that woman from the dream... She's the one that was being embraced by that man...'

"Hiyori!" A male voice shouted near by. I quickly turned to where it came from but I saw no one. "Hiyori...?" I mumbled.

"....mou!!" I said a bit irritated. "I don't get what's going on anymore I'm going to the convenience store!" I shouted as I began to run. While running to the convenience store a sudden heavy feeling passed within me as I passed two male figures. 'Huh?!' I made a sudden halt and quickly turned, I saw no one... 'No one...? No... There's someone...'

3rd P.O.V

"Yato" the young blonde male said as he called out to his master.

"What is it Yukine? Oh, here take this marker and write the number there on the wall so that more customers-" Yato said as he was about to run off to another wall but Yukine had stopped him. "Yato, look!" Yukine said as he pointed to the male that was in front of them.

The males features were about an inch taller than Hiyori's size. The male had (h/c) hair that naturally flowed along with the wind. "Can he see us?" Yukine questioned. Yato gave a slight grim expression and a sign of pain, "enough Yukine..." Yato said as he began to put the cap back on the marker and started walking away with his hands on his pocket.

Ever since that day happened, Yato swore to himself not to get close to any humans. Although he'd still wish to be the God of Fortune, he wouldn't want anyone to face the same tragedy that happened to Hiyori.

However, when Hiyori had passed on, Yato was waiting for his disappearance, but it had been already two and a half years since that day and he had not yet disappeared. It was probably the customers he had helped but he rarely had some customers calling him.

Little did he know that the last consciousness of Hiyori has been with an unknown male that he saw a while ago. Hiyori's consciousness within (m/n) has been keeping him alive.

(M/n)'s P.O.V

"I don't understand. I felt someone in front of me." At that moment, I heard voicesー two males ーbut no one was passing by me. Curiosity came over me and I began following them. One talked about how they can get more customers by using a billboard and writing their number service, and the other male was quite angry with the idea.

I believe I was quite far from them, but their conversation was audible. While I was walking a quite distance from them, I noticed a cat, no a girl, no a cat— ah whatever. But the cat began to walk down the sidewalk, it noticed something, a truck, as soon as the truck was at a close distance the cat had dashed to the middle of the street, and without thinking, I immediately dashed out in order to save the cat. While I dashed to save the cat I unconsciously shouted, "HIYORI!"

I was waiting for the impact from the truck but, I felt none as I hugged the cat even closer. "Yato!" The male shouted as he ran. "Why did you suddenly ru- huh" the male said. "E-excuse me are you alright!?"

I looked up and saw a blonde male with orange eyes staring at me worryingly as he extends his hand towards me. I nodded and accepted his hand. When I was up on my feet, the driver from the truck shouted if I was alright, I turned to the driver and said I was fine, but got scolded for dashing out the street trying to save the cat. I got scolded because, the cat that was suppose to be in my grasp, wasn't there and the two males that had helped me weren't there either. But I knew that the blonde male that extended his hand towards me was one of them males that I heard.

I looked to the side where the truck was and saw a huge dent on the front. My eyes widen at the thought someone doing that. People began whispering about the incident about me wanting to commit suicide, and the dent that was created. However, when an ambulance and a police arrived I had told them that I had ran to save a cat that was in he middle of the street.

This was all resolved when the driver said he was at fault for being a bit sleepy. But of course, I was still scolded and lectured that I shouldn't have just ran. After the incident, I was told to go to the hospital just in case of minor injury. However, I just went home.

----------

[A/N: HELLO READER-KUN'S! I'm hoping you like what you read so far. Sorry that it was short. It was kind of long but I decided to move the second part onto the next chapter. Also this story is going to be slow (I kind of want slow by not too slow romance, but we'll see) and slow on the update due to classes and exams.

I apologize for any mistakes or grammar issues. I tend to reread my stories and edit them if there's a chapter I'm uploading.

If any of you guys are confused or lost, feel free to message or comment and I'll try my best to explain it thank you~! ]