Part 1

Mirrors. One of the many things I hate. Self-reflection. The judgement in eyes that stare a bit too long. Walking down busy hallways, or walking down the aisle of a train in the morning. More things I hate. Everybody pretends they don't care what people think and say, but if you are honest with yourself for one second you know deep inside you're hurting. It doesn't matter if you act tough and brush off insults . You know you will be tossing and turning that night. Doubt will creep in, and sleep will disappear. Being insecure... weak. To walk down the hallway with your head down. To turn up the volume of your headphones even louder to drown out the sound of grumpy people who are complaining about their third marriage, another thing I hate.

"Sam!" I look up startled "What in God's name are you doing? You have been washing your hands for five minutes. One time is enough, you know" Lavender walks out of the bathroom stall and begins washing her hands too. "I'm sorry, Lava." I sign. "You are overthinking again, aren't you? Sam... seriously. Come on! It has been weeks, you'll have to go on with your live. There is nothing you can do for him right now." I turn my head sharply and narrow my eyes. "Don't you dare..." Lava puts her hands up in a defensive manner. "Say his name? Talk out it? You have been saying this for weeks and I am done. You have to find some closure, go visit him. It's been over a month. He is allowed to have visitors you know." I turn my head to the mirror again. Owww...  how I hate the damn thing. I dry my hands and strug . Lava signs. I know that I'm being childish right now, and she has given me enough time to mope around. I know she is right, that's the annoying part. "Just think about it, okay?" I nod and give her a toothy smile. She rolls her eyes, but i kno she secretly loves our goofiness "Alright," she whispers, "are you ready for this?" "Hell yes," I whisper back, "Let's get this show on the road!"

Lava turns on her heel and slips out of the bathroom. I grab my phone and check the time. I am supposed to be one minute behind her. With one last look in the mirror and my head down, I slip out of the bathroom. Well... here goes nothing.