Time for a change?

This is my first story here, so please, speak freely. The more critics, the better feedback for improvement.

This is won't be a short story, but I hope you enjoy it!

The pain of life. Is it worth it? Every house that My family and I have moved into has been a curse to us.

I'd better start from the beginning. My name is Alex van Dyk. I have an older brother called Jake and a twin sister called Jackie. Our parents died a few months back. I was born with psychic abilities, to which you can probably guess, my sister has too. Not exactly the same, but we can relate. I can sense her presence and the presence of malicious spirits. Most psychics would call them "Negative energy from the past" but we know better.

My sister can move objects by thought and read people's minds. I can do a bit more than that, being able to disassemble and reassemble objects, stop cars and plant ideas and thoughts into people's heads.

My older brother is the reason that we still live, but even he must rest sometime. He acts strong to keep us confident, but we can see how he tires. Our situation right now was pretty tight.

"Alex! Stop daydreaming and start moving! Where is your sister?" Jake can be pretty impatient at times.

"She's close, Jake, but we HAVE to keep moving south! That hybrid is gaining fast!" I responded. We were in the Northern Transvaal trying to get to the Freestate in South Africa on foot. We had an encounter with a necromancer, and as you can guess, he was evil.

Suddenly, I caught some movement out of the corner of my eye. It was headed straight for-"Jake! Duck and roll! Behind you!"

He did as I said, and the blur of movement raced over where he was a millisecond ago.

"Thanks!"

The blur stopped and I saw for the first time, what was chasing us, and for the first time in my life, I felt truly hopeless. It had the head of a wolf, the torso of a human, the limbs of a human, claws made of sharpened diamonds. It turned to face us and the last thing I remembered was those horrible red eyes and the roar that came from its jaws...

________________________________________________________________________________

Please let me know what you thought of the prologue!