Chapter Five.

Sammy's POV.

I looked over at Sunshine, smirking at her while she slept. To be honest, she really did need the sleep. She hasn't been sleeping well since Calvin left and started being a butthole. Which, is only a minor reason as to why I'm dragging her to Columbus, Ohio.

If you had asked me whether or not I thought Sunshine would love this plan, I'd tell you I was completely, totally, utterly unsure. But I know that this is for the best, and in the end its going to give her the closure she needs. Because I'm not quite sure if Calvin has been faithful while he's been away...

Yes, its true. I have been suspecting this for months, the idea forming in my head the first time Sun showed me her texts between them. Of course, I didn't tell her what I expected, and she thinks that I'm dragging her north so she can find out his problem and be reunited with him. They are a good couple, and I honestly thought they were meant to be, but now, I'm not so sure he's the most honorable person for her.

I fingered the necklace Landon gave me for my birthday, and sigh. My heart ached for Sunshine, because she really, truly loved him. If I found out Landon had been cheating on me for months, whilst leading me on, I'd be broken up inside. Naturally a depression would settle in, and it'd take weeks to get me out and about, having fun. I expect nothing less from Sunshine, so I have been forming a plan in my head to help her with her grief. She shouldn't be left alone, not all the time, so I will do my best to spend as much time as necessary with her until the grief has worn down a little.

Her ex-boyfriend Kyle keeps coming to mind, and I feel my gaze harden. That good-for-nothing monster did the same thing to her, leaving her in the dust with a shattered heart. I promised myself I'd do everything I could to prohibit something like that again. Sunshine isn't just my best friend, she's like my little sister, only taller than me. She has a fragile heart, and she can be very sensitive. Six months ago, when she broke up with Calvin for the first time, it didn't really surprise me. I knew she was having problems accepting the fact that he would be leaving. But I continued to encourage her, and tell her she was making the biggest mistake of her life. If only I had known that it was I making the mistake, and not her.

Sunshine stirred in her sleep, turning her head the other way. She had been my best friend since fourth grade, and we basically went through then trials of growing up together. I could tell when she was upset, even by the way she slept. She'd toss and turn the whole entire night, mumbling in her sleep, keeping me awake when we would stay with each other. As if on cue by my thoughts, she started to mumble.

"Not crazy... Sammy made me..."

I laughed, despite the circumstances. Sunshine had said the three words "Sammy made me" more than even I could count. It was true; I was more impulsive and excited. Sunshine tended to hesitate on things, whereas I would leap into the deep wells of opportunity and chance. We sort of balanced each other out in that way. She'd keep me from doing something that could possibly be detrimental, and I got her to live.

The lights came on, signaling for us to be in our seatbelts and seated. I tapped Sunshine on the shoulder, rising her from sleep. "Sun, wake up. Sun."

"Why?" she grumbled. "I hate reality."

"I know," I murmured. "I know. But we have to get past the stupid parts of it to get to the better parts."

"Don't be deep and sentimental right now. I'm too grumpy."

"Whatever you say. "

We landed smoothly, just as I knew we would. Nothing would stop me from successfully accomplishing this mission. I was going to help Sunshine, whether or not it felt like I was helping.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, this is SUPER short. But the Sunshine series just sort of happens that way :/ . I apologize if I have failed you! >.<

Anyway, it's not too eventful, but it is important to know Sammy's point of view. So there you have it! Sammy's pov! :) Thanks for reading, you guys are awesome.