Koi no Yokan

Koi no yokan

Lovelorn. A distinct characteristic of him, so known it could have been his name. He was the most popular in his academic race, the star of his program taken, the someone everyone wished to be. If perfectness is the topic, he got the A+ for he was a hallmark of socialization and scholastic standards.

Lovelorn. No matter how many girls swoon over him, he was someone known to maintain his love life a clean record -- no Xs and Os. Len Kagamine, the genius of every subject that has existed, rejects the existence of love. It was nonsense, he said one time when he was asked by a friend.

'Love is just a feeling manifested by the hypothalamus and hormones all over your body--that one day, you will wake up with such irrationality feeding you up.'

His answer was firm -- though it sounded like a joke -- but nonetheless taken seriously by his guys. His guys who have girlfriends. They said he was almost perfect...only if he would be able to meet someone to match him and break his belief of love as a mere feeling.

Len's friend -- a childhood friend -- Oliver, tried arranging him on blind dates with either the prettiest ones of their college, or the smartest ones--both swooning to Len due to his looks. The blond lovelorn refused to go on dates but ended up on Oliver's trap by being deceived that it was a study session among them guys. He ditched them one after another because he really couldn't take the idea of committing himself into intimate relationships and be tied and slaved by a woman. Len never understood the process of attraction, it was completely short-lived so he decided not to prolong its existence in his senses. Other words, he could resist women appearing to be goddesses by physique, because he peeled it off from his system. Who knows if their brains are weightless, he hated that next.

His nakama, Gumo from the student council, attempted to make him envy the pros of being in a relationship. The green-haired fellow would often bring his girl, IA with him, working on student council's papers with her. She was really helpful, Len noticed that. Work time is time, though there were brief moments of flirting--sweet talks and cooing and chaste kisses-- Gumo seemed to work at his best and more productive with IA. Before the sun set, Gumo asked IA to go home first for he would have a best friend bond with Len. The beauty nodded a yes and kissed Gumo a goodbye. Len watched this sickly sweet moment and rolled his eyes with the animated waving hand of Gumo--even IA was out of sight.

"Alright, Gumo. What's next? Is this to follow up Oliver's blind dates?" Len asked as he put his things neatly inside his bag. The nakama coughed after Len stated the obvious but he decided not to spoil whatever is already unveiled. Gumo ran to pack his things too and walked by Len's side as they quietly get off from the student affair's building.

"So Len," Gumo doesn't know how he would open the topic of girlfriends, or IA specifically. Len's icy eyes (literally) pierced through him, causing Gumo to stutter and fret. His palms began sweating like shit, it was just Len but well, knowing the blond worth the wave of panic. "Ah, how...how do you find my relationship with IA? D-do you think I shall continue it until, well, we get old?"

There was a deafening silence choking Gumo after he voiced out his advance. The walk was quiet, Len wasn't responding for the last five minutes. Thoughts clouded Gumo's always-organized-mind as the quietness between them continued. He needed a cover up to appear less suspicious and obvious with his goal for that afternoon. A flock of birds flew above them, signalling the departure of the heatless sun from the orange skies. A brain blast.

"Len, you kn--"

"Honestly," Len interrupted Gumo by raising his hand level to their faces, "I find it...beneficial," Gumo noted his word, beneficial. Seriously, Len has to stop talking this way. "You should marry her, if that's what you want to hear from me. I think you really should since IA is motivating you to be more productive than usual, opposite to the effect of relationships to other couples."