No Affect. [Larry Stylinson One Shot]

~This is beautiful :)~

"C'mon, it's time to go." Harry said, smiling as his and Louis' 4 year old son Zachary ran up to them.

"Five more minutes?" He asked, looking up at Harry with big blue eyes.

"No, you asked that five minutes ago," Louis said, chuckling. "We'll come back to the park another day." He said, smiling. Harry reached down and hoisted Zachary up on his hip as they began walking down the sidewalk. With his only free hand, Harry reached down and held Louis' hand, tangling their fingers together.

"One of the perks of living close to the park," Louis said, smiling as they walked down the sidewalk.

"Hmm, I wonder what's going on over there," Harry said, motioning over to the mob of people standing around outside a chapel.

"It looks like some kind of rally," Louis observed, as they neared down the side walk that past the church. It was a crowd of people, obviously protesting against something as they held up signs and were shouting out statements. The chanting became louder as they got closer.

"Daddy?" Zachary asked. "What's a f-ag?" He asked, as Harry and Louis looked at him in shock.

"That's a very bad word. Don't ever say it again," Harry said, firmly. "Where'd you hear that word?" Zachary didn't say anything, he just raised his arm pointing towards the church. Louis and Harry both looked over as the signs came into clearer sight.

GOD HATES FAGS.

Louis looked up at Harry as he realized they were about to walk past a mob of people protesting the right of gay marriage.

"It's okay," Harry said, squeezing Louis' hand and giving a supportive smile.

"God hates queers!" Someone shouted.

"All fags will burn in hell!" Someone else shouted.

"Zachary, honey, cover your ears." Harry said, as the vulgar chants became louder. Zachary did as he was told and covered his ears with his hands. Harry and Louis looked the opposite direction as they began walking past the mob, walking a faster pace.

"There are the queers!" Someone shouted, as the mob moved forward, running after them. Louis and Harry began to run, but Harry couldn't run, as Zachary was still on his hip.

I can't run with Zachary," Harry said, breathless, as he stopped in his tracks with Louis at his side.

"We shouldn't have to run in the first place," Louis said, as the mob of people approached them, shouting vulgar things at them. A heavy burley man stepped forward from a sea of people, holding the sign. Louis walked up to the man, furious. "What the hell makes you thing you can go around harassing me, my son, and my husband?"

"You shouldn't even have a son." The man said, bitterly.

"And why not? We're just as human as you." Louis stated.

"You're inhuman and disgusting." He spat.

"Because that's what your religion makes you believe. The only thing that makes me different from you is that I prefer men." Louis said. "You call us names such as a fag and queer, but names don't define a person. You cannot base me off of what I am not. I'm not a fag or a queer. I am Louis Tomlinson. And behind me, is Harry Tomlinson with our son Zachary Tomlinson who, with the help of you people, is now scared." Louis said, turning back to Harry who was holding Zachary close as Zach kept his face buried in Harry's neck. "Are you happy? You petrified a child." Louis said.

"We did not scare him." The man said, submissively.

"Really? You don't think the vulgar chants and chasing us was scary? Because I'm pretty sure he's crying." Louis said, firmly.

"We did not affect him in any way." The man said.

"That's just what I was hoping you'd say!" Louis exclaimed. "You didn't affect him, so how do I affect you? Me being homosexual," Louis said, crossing his arms over his chest and raising a brow at the man.

"Well...you...-" The man fumbled to find the right argument.

"Exactly. It doesn't affect you or anyone except me." Louis said. "I've been in a relationship for almost 4 years and within the past 4 years, you haven't been affected by it at all, so why should you go and try and stop my relationship? Or others?" The man stood there silent. "Anyone else care to try and explain how I'm affecting you right now?"

"You're sending out the wrong message to kids." Someone exclaimed.

"So I'm teaching children that its wrong to fall in love?" Louis asked. "Well, you all fell in love. But just because I fell in love with a human, not a gender, that makes it different?" Louis walked up to someone in the crowd. "Are you married ma'am?" He asked.

"Yes," The lady answered quietly.

"And are you happy being with your husband?" He asked.

"Yes," She answered again, flatly.

"So explain to me, why are you trying to take away my happiness when I too am happy with my husband?" Louis asked.

"We're not trying to take away your happiness..." She said, slowly fading out.

"They what are you trying to do? Take away my right to freedom?" Louis asked.

"I don't have to answer you." She said, sternly.

"You're right, because you have freedom." Louis said, walking back towards Harry. "And what you guys are protesting against, is basically our freedom to do as we please," The crowd watched Louis closely. "Now, going back to my first point..." Louis said, trailing off. Louis grabbed the collar of Harry's jacket and pull them together as he placed a passionate kiss on Harry's lips. Louis pulled away smiling.

"I love you, babe," Harry whispered to Louis.

"I love you, too." He whispered back. Louis turned back to the crowd and walked back up to the burley man. "What did I just do?" Louis asked.

"You....kissed him." The man practically forced out.

"And did you hear what he whispered? Of course not, it was a whisper. But he told me, that he loved me." Louis stated, smirking. "Now, how does all that affect you? I mean, you're all still standing here. Holding your sign and acting stubborn. I don't see a change that has happened." Louis stated. "The only change that has happened, is that my mood is happier. He-they," Louis corrected, pointing back at Harry and Zachary. "They make me happy, so why would you want to illegalize happiness?" The man looked at Louis with wavering eyes. In one swift motion, the man brought down his sigh above his knee, splitting it in half. He threw the two halves of his sign on the ground, turned around, and walked away. Everyone around him starred at him, speechless. Another person steppes forward, throwing their signs to the ground. As the number of people decreased and the number of signs lying on the ground increased, Louis walked back over to Harry, satisfied.

"I think you just turned the minds if 30 people in under 10 minutes," Harry said, smiling.

"Someone had to set them straight sooner or later," Louis said, sarcastically. Louis reached up to take Zachary in his arms as Harry handed his over. "Are you okay, bud?" Louis asked, as Zach looked up.

"Are we gonna get chased again, daddy?" He asked, innocently.

"Not anymore," Louis said, with a smile. "I promise." Placing a kiss on Zach's cheek. "C'mon." Louis said, extending out his free hand as Harry grabbed it. "It's time to go home."