Chapter 19

Rose POV

I woke up to darkness. Sitting up, I looked around. My eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness, and I saw Dimitri sitting in a nearby chair that pulls out into a bed. A small smile came up to my lips as I made a coughing noise. Even the littlest of sounds could wake him up. I was right. Dimitri jerked awake, his brown eyes alert and even wide.

"Rest easy, Comrade." I commented as I sat the bed up to a sitting position. I hated being in a hospital, but at least Dimitri had brought me some desirable clothes.

"You alright?" He asked me as he sat on the edge of the chair.

I nodded. "Of course, Comrade. I just woke up is all. Also, have you talked to Lissa? I still haven't made any type of contact with her, and yesterday was her birthday."

"Want to use my phone to give her a call?"

I nodded and Dimitri handed me his phone.

After a few mintues, Lissa finally answered. "Hello?" She sounded confused.

"Liss? Hey. It's me, Rose. You okay? I'm sorry I wasn't there to celebrate your birthday. " I looked over at Dimitri, who was pretending to not see/hear thing that all guardians are a master of.

"No, don't worry about it, Rose."Lissa answered as she giggled softly.

"Lissa, is someone with you?"

"It's Christian. "

"Ah, I'll call you later than. Happy birthday, Lissa."

"Thanks!" She said in a cheerful tone. "Bye."

I hung up the phone, handing it back over to Dimitri. I ran my fingers through my hair as I settled my eyes on Dimitri.

"The doctor said you could leave in the morning."

I raised a brow. "Thank God! I need to get the hell out of here. It's driving me nuts being in this room. Also, do you think maybe we can get some good food on the way back to the dorms?"

"Possibly, Roza." He smiled his rare smile.

I know I've been dead, and had been brought back to life- which I still don't fully understand it because I thought Lissa would have been the one to do that, but it a blueish grayish eye color, not Lissa's jade Greene color. So, who had brought me back, and Dimitri? I didn't know, all I knew was that I was hungry and I was ready to get out of here.

"What time is it, Comrade?"

He took his phone out and showed me the time. 2:30. The middle of the night for the Moroi. Ughh. This was going to be long.

"Want to get I to bed with me, Comrade?"

He looked at me, one eyebrow was raised in a questionable glance. "Okay, Roza." I k we he'd say yes to that, plus I haven't had the chance to smell his familiar scent. I loved him, and it was a rarity that I was even here. I was supposed to be dead. Not alive lie I was. To be breathing was extremely grateful. I won't let little moments like this pass ever again.

Dimitri took his brown duster off and laid it over the back of the pulled out chair and lightly took his shoes off. He made his way to the bed and got underneath the covers. Immediately, I felt his warmth under the blankets and I couldn't help but snuggle into him as he placed his arms over my waist, pulling me to him. His aftershave smelled glorious, and as he nuzzled my hair and neck with his nose, I finally allowed myself to fall asleep.

-------------------------------

Hey y'all!

Thanks for reading and baring with me with all of my slow updates, been kind of on a school lockdown mode, but it definitely paid off! This chica has graduated!

So you can expect more updates on all of my books. So, with that being said, if you haven't joined my group on Facebook, it's VA Bites. Just click it and I'll allow you into the group.

Thanks again for reading!

Love you, Angels!

-Lissa.