Chapter 18

The date

Charlie's POV

I hurry up the stairs. I was nervous for tonight. So we'd gone on a couple dates before but we both had things to tell each other. I wanted to ask him if he'd come with me apartment hunting and I also wanted to bring him back here and tell him my story. I thought he deserved to know since he's been so nice to me. I just hope he would be nice to me afterwards. I wanted to look nice for him. I had this attraction towards him that seemed to be more than a crush.

It kinda scared me. I had never felt this way about anyone. It was still hard to let my guard down. I couldn't get hurt any longer. He was a great friend though. I was nervous about what he wanted to talk about. I get into the apartment and hurry into my room. I get dressed quickly. I was extremely nervous as I put on dress pants and a nice shirt. I made sure my make up and hair looked good as I heard the doorbell ring. I run and open it. I smile at Oliver before saying I need a minute to grab something. I run to my room and made sure I looked good as I grab my shoes and purse.

I walk out as I shove my shoes on. He laughs at me and I stick my tongue out at him. He puts his arm around my shoulder. I felt the tingles throughout my body that he gives me. He leads me to his car. I smile at him when he opens the door like a gentlemen. I get into the seat. He starts to drive as I hum the lyrics to the song playing. He smiles his breathtaking smile. He take me to a nice looking restaurant. He opens the door before I can and I smile at him. We walk hand in hand together to the door. He checks in and we head to a table. I thank the hostess as she hands me a menu.

I look over it and I set it down when I decide. The waitress comes over and takes out menus and orders. We chat for a while before our food comes out. We both eat quietly. When we finish, we fight over the check. I give in and he pays. He drives me to my apartment where we head up. I open the door. No one was home because they took a little vacation. They called it a baby moon. I was just glad to have the apartment to myself. Practice for the real thing I guess.

I tell him to go into the living room. I turn on the lights and make sure no ones here. I sigh before taking my jacket and shoes off. I go into the living room and lay on the couch. I close my eyes for a second, calming myself down. I feel Oliver start to rub my shoulders. I sigh it felt so good. I turn in his arms and open my eyes. I pace in front of him. I tie my hair up into a ponytail. I sit back down on the couch before asking him what he wanted to tell me. He said "you first."

I sigh before saying "you know how Daniel and Annette are expecting so I was thinking of moving out. They haven't pressured me to move out or said anything but I could tell. Well I told them I would move out soon. They told me that I could stay here for however long it took. There so nice and kind to me. I thought that since your older and a guy you could maybe I mean come with me. I just don't want to be taken advantage of." I look up at him to see something in his eyes. He answers with a yes. I give him a hug I wrap my legs around his waist on the couch and wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist. The tingles were everywhere.

We stay like this until he moves. As he moves I can feel his not so little friend. I blush as he gets up. He stands up and says "well I have something to tell you to. I don't know how to tell you this exactly. A lot of people in this town are different. We are werewolves. I know this might be scary and all but I have a reason to tell you. You see every werewolf has a mate. A mate is a soul mate."

He looks at me and I look up at I'm with confusion. Why is he telling me this. He continues by saying "well the tell sighs of having a mate are tingles or sparks when they touch. There scent for a wolf but humans do get comfort out it. The wolf inside of you identifies the mate. You can find your mate when you turn 16. I'm 22. I have been looking for my mate for six years. I have finally found her. Your very complicated though mate."

I smile as I say "so I'm your mate. Does that mean that Daniel and Annette are mates." He nods his head and I hop off the couch and tackle him in a hug. The tingles erupt at the simple contact. I started to cry tears of joy. He wipes them away. I sniffle a little before saying "You would never want me as your mate when I tell you. I have serious problems. You wouldn't want to take them on. You don't even know me that well." I start to cry for real.

He kisses my tears away making me giggle. I ask "can I see your wolf?" He nods and I let go of him. I immediately miss his warmth. I watch in amazement as he turns into a wolf. He calmly step over to me. I stay on the couch frozen. He's so pretty but he's huge. I kneel on the floor and hold my hand out. I start to pet him. He changes back after a while. I smile at him before I fall asleep.