Chapter 4 - Silent Saloon

The egg hunt ended up being a fun little event, for me and Sebastian both. The eggs ended up being very well hidden, but not hard enough to make the game impossible for the youngsters. I could tell that Sebastian wasn't as eager to take part in the event, and mostly was doing it just because I had asked him to. Which, of course was nice of him, but I couldn't help but feel a little guilty (even if it was sort of hilarious to watch him stumble around as he did).

                At the end of the day, I wasn't really setting out to win the little scavenger hunt—and instead, let the kids beat me to it. I thought that was more fitting than letting myself win, seeing as the kids were so excited and hopeful that they might win. I believe a kid named Vincent won? I'm not that great on remembering names, so forgive me if I end up being wrong.

                By the time the egg hunt was finished, the entire village enjoyed the brunch that had been set up this year. Personally, I had mouthfuls of pancakes, bacon, potatoes, and of course a hardboiled egg or two. I must have been eating at a quicker pace than what seemed to be normal, as Sam thought it was pretty entertaining and had the audacity to point out how I was stuffing myself. Ok, I admit it—I laughed too.

                The rest of the day's festivities consisted of having conversation with those I did know, and those I had yet to meet. For the most part however, especially as the evening hours started to dawn amongst the town, I hung out with Abigail, Sam, and Sebastian. I tried my best to be outgoing as I talked with them, but for the most part I must admit that I let them do all of the talking. That is, unless Sebastian happened to bring up a private conversation with me for a couple of moments. Oddly enough, when I talked with him I felt the most comfortable. Maybe because we were the less-talkative type around everyone else? Possibly—but for whatever reason, it was nice.

                Eventually, as the sun started to disappear off into the western horizon, and the young ones went off to bed with their parents, the real party started to begin. Everyone who planned on staying out until the evening had gone into the later hours started to migrate off towards the saloon. I was on the fence about whether or not I should join in, or head back to my quaint cabin—especially when I realized that Sam and Abigail were both going to head on home. Sebastian and I had waved to the both of them as they left with their respected families, walking off into the indigo night.

It was here were Sebastian had turned to me and asked, "So, you going to head out too? I'm sure your exhausted from listing to so many people go on and on today. To be honest, I am too." He looked down at the grass under our feet, the heels of his converse digging into the dirt.

I shrugged, looking up at him. "I suppose I am a bit tired...but are you staying out for a bit longer?"

"Sorta have to," He muttered in annoyance. "Parents aren't ready to head in, and my sister is having the time of her life—so I'll be stuck with them since it's the 'polite' thing to do."

"Then maybe I should stick around then," I gave a small smile. "You'll be pretty bored otherwise, right?"

In a melancholy sort of attitude he sighed, "I suppose..."

Immediately, I nudged my elbow into his ribcage lightly—giving a mischievous grin. "Hey! No need to feel guilty about it. It's not a crime if you want me to hang out with you."

I was a little wary of what his reaction was going to be—but relieved when I saw an amused look on his face as he put his hands in his pockets. "Alright, alright! Fine..."

                With the awkward tone long and gone, Sebastian and I proceeded into The Stardrop Saloon—a place I had yet to visit on my own time. Upon entering the tavern, I noticed that the room was vast and open, with a long bar set up against the wall in front of me. The air around me smelled of sweet, with the occasional bitter, elixirs—making my mouth water. No matter whether you looked to the right or left, there were tables and chairs set up—so many in fact, that it looked as if you could set the entire town inside. Speaking of which, most of the townsfolk had already made their way in before us, taking up most of the seats adorning the saloon.