Hacked

A computer technologist came to Adrian's apartment to do the scan. He came here because if Adrian's computer entered the FBI building then he would connect to the network and if there is still somebody lingering on the other side they would have full access to all files in their database. It would have been a huge security risk. I watch the tech, George, connect Adrian's laptop to his personal laptop that has nothing related to the FBI on it. He types extremely fast into a command prompt. He doesn't turn on Adrian's laptop or put the battery back into it.

"They took some closed case files and... the files on The Devils." George looks up at Adrian who shifts some and glances at Donte.

"Any files about Donte's deal?" George looks down and types some more opening up files and searching through them.

"Nope. Donte's good." Donte sighs slightly and leans against me. "But they do know when Holden's trial is along with the other ones." George explains and Adrian thinks for a while before pulling out his phone and going outside to talk. George searches through the computer more before stopping with his fingers idle over the keyboard and then looking at Donte. Donte has his eyes shut as he leans against me a lot so he doesn't notice George staring.

"Corinna, how are you feeling?" George asks, his eyes flickering to me.

"Still sore, but better." I respond and he smiles, nodding and looks back down at his laptop while starting to type again. Silence passes for a few seconds before Adrian comes back inside, hanging up his phone and putting it in his pocket.

"Their trials have been moved up to the day after tomorrow." Adrian announces and Donte stands up straight for about two seconds before leaning against the wall. Adrian then looks at me.

"Corinna it is highly recommended that you testify as a witness against each of them. Holden, Axel, Roy, and Graysen." Donte shifts and looks at Adrian and then me.

"No." Donte responds before I can even think it through. Adrian narrows his eyes and turns, facing Donte. "You have a solid trial against them all without her. I don't want her in the same room as Holden." Donte leans away from the wall.

"This is necessary to make sure there is absolutely no way he can wiggle out of punishment. Plus she'll be fine, I'll be there and he won't be anywhere near her. She'll be in a holding room guarded by two armed officers and when she comes up to stand there will be several armed officers around the room and she will be on the opposite side of the room as him." Adrian explains with a slight aggressive tone toward Donte. Donte goes to say something back at Adrian, looking aggravated, but I set my hand on his arm.

"It's fine. I can testify." I speak for myself and he looks like he was to argue against me, but doesn't say a word against me. "You should just lay down and recover." He tilts his head slightly, wanting to disagree, before limping and using the wall as support as he goes back to my room slowly. I stare after him before turning back to Adrian and looking at him.

"Thank you." He whispers slightly before going over to George and listening to him explain some things and then they turn on Adrian's laptop and start going through the data to make sure everything is as it should be. I also go over to the couch and sit next to Adrian with my feet tucked underneath me.

George leaves after several hours of going through Adrian's laptop and making sure that the Las Fantasmas person didn't leave anything behind to track what Adrian does or to get more files. I sit curled up on the couch, watching a reality show with Adrian, who is sitting on the other side of the couch. I can't stop thinking about having to testify against all of them in two days.

"Hey, can I ask a question?" I look at Adrian who looks over at me, waiting. "What's it going to be like? Testifying... like what kind of questions will be asked and how is it going to go?" I question and sit up a little, moving and facing toward Adrian.

"Well, you will be kept in a separate and guarded room like I told Donte until you are called to stand to keep you safe from possible outside dangers who might try and get you to stop testifying and then it's so your story doesn't get swayed by other witnesses' stories. The prosecutor for this case will ask you questions about the night you were kidnapped and the events that happened from the moment you were taken by them to the point where you passed out from that gunshot wound. They will then ask about the second time they kidnapped you at the hotel to when Donte resuscitated you on that beach. The Defense Attorney will question you aggressively to try and throw you off and make you confused, make it seem like you wanted to be kidnapped or something like that." He pauses for a second for me to comment.

"Like I wanted to be kidnapped?" I question confused on why anyone would want to be kidnapped.

"It will be something stupid like that, but this is a solid case so what they come up with won't really matter. Don't get offended by what they might say, although they probably won't say anything too bad since they know they can't win." I nod and pull the blanket off the back of the couch, that was for Donte when he slept on the couch instead of with me. I wrap the blanket around me. "So you will wait in the holding room until a guard comes and gets you. They will lead you to the court room and you will go to the stand. You will have to take the oath to make sure you won't commit perjury and then you can be seated. The prosecutor will then begin to ask you questions to get the base of what happened out in the open for the judge and the jury. After the prosecutor finishes questioning you, the defense attorney will cross-examine you to try and get evidence that supports their theory. After questioning you, they will either let you sit in the stands with me or go back to the holding room." Adrian explains in detail and I nod. We stare at each other in silence for a couple seconds before I think of something to ask.

"What should I wear? I've seen court rooms on TV like Judge Judy and it seems like a formal clothes type of situation." He smiles a little.

"Yeah formal. We can look at your wardrobe later to figure out what you are going to wear. You should probably go get some sleep, it's pretty late." I look at the time and see that it is past midnight and nod in agreement, kicking off the blanket and getting up. I lean down and give Adrian a hug.

"Night." I mumble and he says it back as I pull away and walk to my room. My light is off, but through the dim moonlight peeking through the curtains I can see Donte's form under the comforter on one side of the bed. I watch him carefully as I also listen for Adrian as I slip out of my pants and take off my shirt, pulling on a tank top before going to the side of the bed that Donte isn't on and softly crawling under the comforter. I shift a little to get comfortable before settling with my back to Donte and shutting my eyes. It takes a little while, but I do end up eventually falling asleep.

I'm in a bedroom, a slightly familiar bedroom. Roy is standing over me with a menacing fire in his eyes while I am on the carpeted floor. He pulls me up and shoves me against the wall roughly, letting me sink back to the ground as he backs up before turning and walking to the door. He opens the door and leaves, slamming it behind him. The lock audibly clicks locked and suddenly water starts rushing in from under the doors in the room. Ice cold water rushes toward me and I immediately pull myself up and rush toward the door, jiggling the doorknob hoping that there is even the smallest chance that it will open. It doesn't and water is quickly filling the room as it is up to my ankles already. I go to a different door and fling it open, wondering where the water is coming from. It's just an empty closet and water is coming from nowhere, rushing out at me. I wade quickly over to the door that leads into a bathroom and open to see water coming from under the door that leads to a hall. I go toward that door, hopeful that it will lead out. I open the door and a huge wave of water forces it open all the way and knocks me down. The wave forces me all the way back into the bedroom and I get up choking on water. The water fills the room even faster now and the water is already just above my knees. I go back towards the main door and yank on the door, desperately hoping that it will open. The water is to my thighs. Suddenly something grabs my ankle and pulls it out from under me, making me collapse into the ice water. I go to surface, but suddenly I'm in a box filled with water. I beat against the sides, trying to break free while holding my breath, panicking. Someone help. Please help. I can't die like this.

I jump awake, breathing heavy and into Donte's warm embrace. I shake violently in his arms as he holds me tightly to him and slowly lays us back down.

"Shh..." He whispers, stroking my hair as I hide my face into his chest. "It's okay, Cori, It's okay." His low voice is soothing as he whispers to me. I relax into his embrace and rest my forehead against his bare chest.

"It's okay..."