After Earth

The Earth had long since been destroyed. Humanity had gone extinct in this universe as well as many others. There was only a small portion of a specific Earth in a specific universe, respectfully called "universe: Supernatural1". Ember entered the large room, which was filled with her remnants of this Earth. Destiny had to build a room with the floor seven feet below the entry to fit the entire grave (and a large portion of the area around it) of Adam Milligan, Ember's closest human friend. It didn't really bother her that Earth had been destroyed. There were plenty of other universes, plenty of other Adam's, but even so, he couldn't replace himself. Typically, Ember didn't care if her human friends died. Even when Jordan and Danielle  died, Ember didn't care enough to actually preserve their graves.

                  Ember stepped up near the gravestone and replaced the flowers that had been placed their the year before. For years, she would always find the most beautiful flowers that she could  to decorate the area with, even when it got extremely hard to find flowers in different worlds seeing as the universes were dying. Ember sat down and stayed silent for awhile.

                   "Well, I suppose I should say something instead of sitting here quietly like an idiot, shouldn't I?" she muttered.

                      "So, the earth has been destroyed for quite awhile now... I had your grave preserved but I'm a little confused as to why. For some reason I couldn't seem to let you go." Ember said and smiled. "I bet that sounds pretty cliche, right?

                        "I'm over 8 billion years old now. There are barely any universes left. Many of the people who had kept them alive in there minds are dead and now there's nobody left to preserve the memory. I know that soon, even we will be forced into death. We're okay with it though. Nobody should live this long. It's not natural, especially when we look as young as we still do. The only places that will ever be left in existence are Heavan, Hell, and Purgatory. I'm guessing it's because of the angels and demons still being alive, so there will be nothing left but those. I've been trying to redeem myself to heavan and I think by now I should have. You did always tell me that at least I was trying and that made me a better person than my past self. Even so, the past seems quite trivial now..." Ember sighed and cautiously looked around her.

                         " Destiny is getting tired too." She said quietly. "I've seen him while he's alone, and the smile that had always been plastered to his face, no matter what... it's gone. I think it might be  because he has nothing else he can write about and control."

                      She lied down next to the grave, closing her eyes and imagining her friend next to her.

                     "I don't know if you knew this, or if you can even hear me now but... I think that I can safely say, after looking back at our memories of us, I really do believe I love you, and it's not just me saying this anymore. Afterall, why else have I done anything I have so I wouldn't have to completely lose you? I don't exactly know if said love for you is romantic or just a very strong family-type bond though... so perhaps, when I see you again, you can help me out. I hope you still remember me. It's been so long..." Ember opened her eyes and looked at the time before standing up.

                   "I'm sorry, Adam. I know you probably won't like what we're going to do but... we really have no other choice. Everything has to go sometime, and we have lived very long lives. Please don't worry though, because I will see you soon..."

                Ember smiled and some tears rolled down her face. She would smile until her last breath.

                 "Goodbye, my friend." She said as she walked out, her smile only growing wider. "Or would this qualify as 'hello'?"