Chapter seven

Flicking through the piano notes I looked up on the Internet and wrote down myself...

Trying to find a song to play but not knowing what one.

After finding a one I would like to play I put the rest of the sheets behind the other in a neat stack.

Correcting notes as I play the introduction ignoring the world around me, getting lost in the music.

"what do you do when your stuck,

Because the one that you love,

Has pushed you away,

And you can't deal with the pain."

Slightly having to move across the long leather stall reaching the more high notes of the piano.

"and now you're trying to fix me,

Mend what he did.

And the piece that I'm missing,

Bit I still miss him,

I miss him,

I'm missing him.

Oh, i miss him, I miss him I'm missing him,

And your sitting in the front row, wanna be first in line,

Waiting by my window, giving me all your time.

You could be my hero, if only I could let go...

But his love is still in me, like a broken arrow, like a broken arrow."

I stop dead in my tracks as I hear something bang against my flung open windows.

I slowly approach the window and look into the darkness below.

"hello?"

"pixie, can I come listen to music with you?" I hear josh's voice below.

"I wasn't listening to music, I was singing erm, yeah Doors open"

I walk away from the window and sit on my bed waiting for josh to come up.

"thought you were busy..." I say just as he enters the room closing the foot behind me.

"done with her"

"is this the girl your on and off with? You mean your finished or like you've finished spending time with her tonight? So you decided to come and pester me"

"no we are together, I went to hers now I'm done so I came here"

"josh seriously why do you keep coming to my house? I hardly know you so why keep coming?"

"I have nothing to do on nights like this, I'm only busy if I go to parties, clubs, or sex but I'm done with that tonight so I came here"

"why not go to someone else's? I wouldn't say I'm the most exiting person we met 2 days ago! And you're a heartless little fuck"

"sorry i'll go then, see you tomorrow"

He gets up and opens the door exiting the room with me following.

"no, it's fine please stay. At least until I fall asleep, I don't like you... But you're the only one who will"

He sighs and turns back towards my room walking past me and into it. I walk in after him watching him as he seats himself at the end of my bed.

"okay get in bed then" he pats it ordering me to lay down.

"I need to have a shower first, do you mind? I'll be quick, er you can go on my laptop if you like or something?"

"yeah, be quick though... I need to get back and get some sleep too"

"then stay here, I don't mind" I get out one of my baggy shirts and a pair of knickers.

"no, really it's fine. I'll go when you're asleep"

"only if you're sure... Back in a tick" I walk into my bathroom which is attached to my bedroom and lock the door behind me.

I strip down worrying that josh will burst the door down and rape me...

"josh?" I shout through the door covering my boobs for no reason.

"what?"

"please don't break the door down and rape me..."

I hear him laughing at my stupid comment... "I'll try not to"

I ignore his response and turn on the water testing it on my arm like a mum does with babies warm milk before stepping inside relaxing my muscles as the water droplets race down my back.

I drench my hair before washing it with strawberry scented shampoo and conditioner and washing it out.

As Water gets in my eyes I try to reach for the towel with one arm poking out the shower and my body still in and still getting drenched.

I eventually give up and turn the shower off with my eyes closed and getting out searching for the towel with my arms stretched out in front of me.

Not finding it on the towel rack I crawl across the floor.

"shit!" I curse myself as I hit my head on the sink.

"are you alright?" josh shouts sounding very close to the door.

"yeah I'm fine" I grab the towel and wipe my eyes before drying myself and putting on my pjs.

"you took a while are you okay?" josh looks up from the laptop as I walk in grabbing another towel to lay on my pillow.

"it's called a hair dryer" he chuckles as I climb in bed.

"I cant be arsed a mumble into my pillow.

"I'll do it for you if you like?"

"no, I'm fine"

"okay, night"

Josh turns off the light and waits for me to fall asleep.