22-The Fight

I ran back down the stairs. Mandy and Jack were both still there. Mandy looked like she was in so much pain and Jack looked like he was in pain too. But mentally in pain, not physically. The giant and pristine kitchen was stained red and brown in places that Mandy touched. I'm sure she felt bad for the cleaning that someone was going to have to do, but I knew she wasn't thinking about it at this moment.

"Mandy, let's go! You too Jack." I demanded. I power walked to the front door, only to have someone pull me back.

"Eva wait!" Jack tugged on my arm that he grabbed before I could leave with Mandy. When I turned to look at him, I grew upset. He didn't want me to go. He didn't want me to help my family. I could see it in his eyes.

I expected this from him. I know it was just because he didn't want me to get hurt, but I was angry. Angry at the rogues, angry at myself for leaving my pack. I had a chance to go back! And maybe this wouldn't have happened if I had just returned to Blue Moon.

I was so angry I wasn't thinking straight, and I let all my anger out on Jack.

"What? Are you going to tell me to stay, that you'll go and I'll be tortured by waiting for you, if you even come back?" I shouted at him. Pain flashed in his eyes, but it disappeared as quickly as it came. I knew my tone of voice hurt him, but I also knew that that was his idea exactly.

"I need to fight. I know how to fight! I'm not some useless female! I can do things on my own. What's my pack going to think of me if I don't show up? Huh?" I yelled.

"But, I just don't want you to get hurt." He looked so torn. I know he didn't really want to keep me from my family, but he didn't want me to fight for them. I sighed, and calmed down a little. I couldn't stay mad at Jack. That wasn't fair to him. It's just, this was not how this day was supposed to begin.

Do you ever get that feeling, where you think, no, you know that the day is going to be a good day, but then everything goes terribly wrong? That was how I felt today.

"Jack. I need to do this. I, I have to. What if it was your family in this situation. I'm going to fight. And you are not going to stop me." Determined that this was the right thing to do, I ran out of the house, and I saw Mandy right behind me. But behind her was Jack.

"You're right. I'm not going to be able to stop you. But I can come with you. Eva, you are not going to get hurt. Not on my watch." He looked into my eyes. He was so sincere. His blue eyes shone with determination, and he looked ready to fight. Regardless of the fact that he was still in his pyjamas.

"Okay." And with that out of the way, the three of us shifted and ran to my old pack's territory. I knew I wasn't going to be needing my clothes, I just thought we'd be running a bit longer. I was angry at myself for wasting time. We could've been there already, but no, I had to change. I'm so stupid.

Since the two territories were close it was easy and quick to get there, and I was thankful for that. I stopped beating myself up about wasting time. I was just ready to fight. When I got to my pack, I stopped dead in my tracks. What I saw nearly made me faint. Blood, bodies, killing. It was everywhere. I saw old pack mates on the ground, struggling to breath or not breathing at all. I saw the werewolves who must've been Jason's followers in the same condition. At least the two opposing forces were evenly matched.

The scariest part was that it was exactly like my dream. Except I was fighting, and I wasn't in the sky. But everything else was the same.

It was really early in the morning, but the sun was already out. I guess Jason wanted to do a sneak attack. Birds were chirping and it was warm. It made me want to puke. Everything looked so pure and beautiful in the sky, but on the ground the grass was stained red, even the bottom of some tree trunks.

It was so obvious it was the rogues now that we were here. There was a horrible smell of rotten eggs and cheese. That was a dead giveaway. If that didn't make it obvious enough, all of their eyes were red.

I realized I had never met Jason. I didn't know his age or hair colour. All I knew about him was that the only time I wanted to see him was in a casket. It was a violent thought that disgusted me, but I knew it was a true and honest thought.

This man caused so much hatred just because he was kicked out of a pack. He was killing a completely unprepared pack.

Well, not completely unprepared. Jack said he let my dad know what Sam told us, it was just the surprise attack part that made my pack weak.

Jack's eyes went cloudy and hazy, and I knew he was mind linking. It was probably Daniel, and he was probably telling Daniel to round up their warriors. I gave a nod in his direction when he was done, silently thanking him. He nodded back.

We trotted through the chaos. When I caught sight of my dad I broke into a sprint. I know my dad can fight on his own, but this wolf was huge. And the wolf had my dad pinned down.

Jack barked at me, but I ignored him and continued running to my dad. I couldn't lose him. I refused to. And with that determination, that's how my part of the battle started.

Oooh. A fight.