Chapter 13. Death won't change the past

Charmeine's POV

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why do you want me. And why do you have me strapped in this god damn, ugly, stupid chair," I yelled.

Micah would come and get me, I know it, I just don't know how long it will be before he realizes where we are. He's smart though, im sure he'll figure it out.

"Well for one, I want Micah to pay for what he took from me," he said pulling something out from a cabinet.

I couldn't tell what it was, because his body was covering it. But I had a feeling it wasn't going to be anything good.

"So you kidnapped me because you want Micah to pay for your stupid little knife? SERIOUSLY?!?" I screamed at him with rage.

"I don't care about that God damn knife. This is about what he did to my best friend," he said walking closer with his hands behind his back.

What are you talking about?

"Oh." he smiled. "He hasn't told you?" he said and walked so close our noses almost touched.

I felt his breath on his skin, it gave me goosebumps. It felt so wrong. I hated this guy, and now he's suduicing me? No, not happening. I started to peel the duct tape off of my right hand that was duct taped to the chair by wriggling my hands back and forth until the opening got bigger. I would be able to pull in out now, but I have to time it right.

"He killed Xapham. He killed my best friend, the one person I cared about, now im going to take the one person he cares about and rip you from him so he can feel the way I feel. So he can hurt the way I hurt," he said coming closer.

He tried to mask his emotion but I could see right through him. That would be my advantage. He then proceeded to try to kiss me, I didn't kiss back but this was the perfect time to break free. I pulled one hand out and slammed his head on the base of the chair but my one hand was still stuck in the tape. Damn it. He fell holding his head in pain. But grabbed the chair and pulled my wrist back but I slapped him and pulled the chair with me to the other end of the room but it was too late. He got up and restrained me down. But this time much more tightly.

Michaels POV

I checked Xaphams house. Nothing there. I texted Micah but got no answer. Same with Zurrie. Something went wrong for sure. Just then I got a call from the police department. Oh God. He told me everything. I went to get my car to drive to get Micah and Zurrie and we had no evidence that Nathaniel had done it so I got zurrie to come with me and deal with Micah after we found Charm. We went back and started looking but no trace of either Nathaniel or Charm.

Micah's POV

I was in a cell, yet again. I had to get out. I had to save charm. What had he done to her. He doesn't understand, I didn't t do it to hurt him, I did it because Xapham was a bad person. I especially should know, he was my father. At lunch time I decided to make a deal with one guy named Levi, that if he started a fight and caused a distraction to get me out I would pull the fire alarm on my way out to let him escape too. As planned he started the big fight and all wardens went over to tend it. I got out but had no time to pull the fire alarm so I just ran. As I got out I realized I had no phone so I could just use my abilities to conjure one up. I called Michael to come get me and I then knew exactly where they would be. How stupid could I have been. He has to be at where I killed Xapham. We got to the warehouse and quietly got there. I opened the door with Zurrie and Michael behind me. I saw Nate slap Charm from a distance with her strapped in a chair. I quickly conjured up a crowbar and from behind I shoved it through his back and it came out the front of his stomach spewing blood all over charm. I wasn't going to kill another person, but I needed to kill Nate, he deserved it. As Nates body fell to the floor Charms figure came into view. I could see the fear in her eyes, but through that there was relief that he was gone. I dragged the body over to the corner and summoned gas and a lighter to burn the body. As Michael cut the duct tape. I turned around and saw Charm running at me. I dropped everything that was in my hands and she jumped into my arms, and snuggled her head into the crook of my neck.

She then put her forehead on mine and and said "thank you" in between heavy breaths.

"I have to burn the body before the police find it Charm," I said.

"I know I just wanna stay like this forever," she said getting down from me.

As I was pouring the gas on Nate I heard him still saying things like mumbling things. I bent don't closer and he said his last words.

"Micah Grant, your past come back to haunt you, you may not remember, but I compelled you to forget, if I die... You will remember, and you won't like it..." Then he started to choke up more blood.

"No, No, No, No. What are you talking about? YOUR THE REASON I DON'T REMEMBER MY MOTHER OR MY BROTHER THAT RAN AWAY? MY ENTIRE LIFE BEFORE I WAS 13 YOU TOOK AWAY FROM ME? FOR WHAT!!???" I screamed.

Then just like Charm used to do, I passed out from the memories pushing in.

"Micah, I'm leaving, you can come with me but Charm can't, she's too important to to the program to just run away, I'm sorry," my brother said.

"I can't leave her here you know that, I love you Nate, I'll see you again, I promise," I said and Nate slipped out the window.

Then I woke up.