Why?

You sigh as you drop your keys on the floor. You stare at them for a minute before flopping on your living room couch. Feeling the frustration of the whole week come at you all at once, you scream your heart out not caring who heard anymore.

"Well, at least you don't have a hangover."

You wondered if you imagined that voice or if you actually heard it. Nah, it can't be him, I locked my door and he doesn't have keys. But you look up anyway just to see your friendly acquaintance, Tenka grinning down at you.

"How did you get in and why are you here?"

"Well I just thought I'd pay you a visit because you missed me so much."

You scanned his features remembering how they were ten years ago when you met him. He didn't change all that much, he just matured a bit.

"I never said I missed you."

"So you hate me now?! Why are you always so mean to me?! Y/n hates me now! WHY?!"

You laugh, mentally deleting the last thought.

"Would you be quiet?! I do have neighbors, ya know?"

You sigh knowing it's not going to get any better from there. Deciding it's probably best if you eat something, so you get up to see what you have. Forgetting that there was someone else there, you start reading a recipe for your dinner until you feel arms around your waist and breath on your ear.

"I came here because I missed you and I wanted to see how well you were doing all by yourself."

You froze in your place. While he spoke his nose slightly caressed the tip of your ear. His voice was so close...he was so close...you could feel his chest on your back...why? You didn't even hear him get up or walk all the way to you. It all gave you goosebumps.

Tenka erupted with laughter. He let you go to steady himself on the counter. You looked at him confused waiting for him to explain.

"I see goosebumps! I scared you, didn't I?"

He continued to laugh until he saw that you weren't.

"Why aren't you laughing?"

"Because I don't find that very funny."

You found it sweet because he admitted that he missed you, but not actually funny. You blush out of embarrassment.

You started reading the box again so you could cook and get it over with.

"Well, could you at least smile? I haven't seen you smile since before I saw you last."

He gave you a cheeky smile. You always loved his smile, it always seems to have the sun's warmth and the earth's goodness combined to hide all the bad memories and troubles of society. You smile just to make him happy.

"Aww, so adorable!" he says while pinching your cheeks

"Yeah yeah, don't push it." You say while waving him away so you can finish reading the stupid box of delicious food.