You

If you must wait,
wait for them here in my arms as I shake.
If you must weep,
do it right here in my bed as I sleep.
If you must mourn, my love,
mourn with the moon and the stars up above.
If you must mourn,
don't do it alone.

If you must leave,
leave as though fire burns under your feet.
If you must speak,
speak every word as though it were unique.
If you must die, sweetheart,
die knowing your life was my life's best part.
If you must die,
remember your life.

You are
You are
Oh, you are
You are
Oh...

If you must fight,
fight with yourself and your thoughts in the night.
If you must work,
work to leave some part of you on this Earth.
If you must live, darling one...

Just live.
Just live.
Just live...

This chapter is actually dedicated to the person who led me to this song. I felt it had to be included in the songbook. But I want this person to know that this song doesn't have to be from romantic partner to romantic partner. This is how I feel about our friendship too. I know I've said it a million times, but you're my best friend, and I want nothing less than the best for you, okay? You're the best friend and father figure that I could ever ask for, and you deserve so much better than you've been given. I hope that the rest of your life treats you as well as it can. And if it doesn't, stay strong. Because we all love you. So, so much.

Thank you so much for gracing my life with your presence, and for being there for me through the difficult times.  Thank you for laughing with me, thank you for reassuring me, thank you for keeping me strong.  Thank you for being you.

And thank you for reading this, if you did.

Sincerely,
Sophia Evans