EPILOGUE

not edited cause i'm lazy

home, home sweet home, michael thinks as they park into the driveway. he doesn't even care about the small bag he packed, he races out of the car and inside the house. he runs up to Ashton's room and opens the door, jumping on top of the mess of blankets, hugging him tight.

he looks down, "Calum? where the hell is Ashton."

Calum sleepily woke, "downstairs-"

before Calum could finish his sentence, he runs back downstairs, running into Luke who was carrying all the bags on the way, seeing Ashton wasn't in the living room either. michael sat his hands on his hips and looked around, he frowned and wondered where the boy could be. again, michael is running back upstairs and into his room. he sighs with relief, a large and bright smile forming his lips. he sits beside Ashton on his bed, he's cuddled into the sheets, wearing Michaels favorite hoodie. the boy missed michael a lot.

"ash," michael whispers. "I'm home."

Ashton doesn't even open his eyes, he simply grabs michael and pulls him down with him into the sheets, not letting him go. after about ten minutes, Calum and Luke walk into the room, jumping on top of them.

"group cuddle!" Calum yells.

"no!" Ashton groans.

they all laugh, Ashton finally sitting up.

"how was the trip?" he asks sleepily.

Michael and Luke smile, Michael couldn't hide his excitement, "amazing! i've gotta bring you there one day Ash!"

Ashton smiles at Michael with aw, his eyes glimmering with love and adore, "alright Mike, how about when i get a new heart?"

Michael frowns, reality finally hitting him, he forgot about everything that's happened. he forgot Ashton was sick, and that he was almost killed, same with himself and Luke. he forgot Ashton needed a new heart, and that if he didn't receive one in the next couple of years he would die. he wouldn't have his best friend anymore, or at least he hopes he will. Ashton tells him constantly he'll get a heart, and that he needs to stop worrying.

"Michael?" Ashton says softly.

Michael lightly smiles, "sorry, just forgot you were sick."

Ashton shakes his head, "i'm fine, who wants waffles and bacon?"

"me!" Calum smiles.

Calum and Luke race downstairs, fighting along the way like little brothers who were only children, waiting patiently at the table just lightly talking about the trip. Michael walks down with Ashton slowly, watching his every move, noticing how Ashton was much slower, and at times he'd see him wince in pain and wanna grab his heart.

"have you taken your medication today?" Michael asks Ashton as they reach the kitchen.

"i am now," he smiles. "could you make me a glass of water?"

Michael nods, handing the glass of cold water to Ash, watching him take his pills with a dry throat.

"now i know why you never wanted to take your medicine," Ashton lightly smiles. "makes me feel awful, then good, then hyper, then tired. also hurts my throat taking them every single day.."

everyone looks at Ashton sadly.

"well, pancakes!" the boy smiles.

Michael sits in Luke's lap, looking down at his hands, Calum sets his hand on his leg and lightly smiles at him with bright eyes. Luke wraps his arms around Michael, setting his cheek on his back, smiling and closing his eyes. he was exhausted from the drive back.