Chapter Six

I woke up, clutching onto a now familiar scent. I looked over at her and saw her softly snoring. Her head was resting on my shoulder, and she looked as peaceful as ever.

I gently stroked her cheek with my thumb. Her eyes fluttered open at the action. She let out a small yawn which looked adorable.

"Good morning," I giggled. I turned a bit so that I was now facing her.

She responded with soft hum, and nuzzled her face in my chest. I felt her curl up into a ball and she sat there with her face still where she nuzzled it.

"But I'm still sleepy," she whined. I heard muffled laughter at the other side of the attic, and I saw (M/n) trying her best to hold in her laughter at what she was seeing.

I gave her a 'help me' look and she shook her head. I mouthed a 'please' and she finally gave in. She came up to (Y/n) and whispered something in her ear. When she was done, (Y/n) got up and muttered a small "fine".

"Let's go somewhere," she whispered to me.

"Let's go to the beach," I said. I wanted to let (Y/n) feel and hear the waves. She gave a small smile.

~Timeskip~

"What happened to the people from last night?" I asked.

"They're in the hands of the police. We're safe for now," (M/n) replied.

(M/n) walked out of the door and into the car that waited for us. I guided (Y/n) out the door, only turning to close it, and down to the car.

The car started, and we were off. We listened (and sang) to some songs that were in some random playlist that was lying around in the car.

After about thirty minutes, we arrived at our destination. I helped (Y/n) out of the car, and we both walked on the soft sand. We stopped just before the end of the waves, and stood there in comforting silence.

(M/n) already set the picnic blanket near where we were standing, so we took our shoes off and I set them near the blanket.

I went up to (Y/n) who had a beautiful smile on her face.

"It's been forever since I've heard these sounds, you know?" She sighed.

I wanted to actually let her feel the waves. "Do you want to walk into the water..?" I asked her.

She nodded hesitantly. We did have spare clothes in a bag, so it wouldn't matter if we made our current clothes wet.

My hand made its way to hers and I gently squeezed it. I started walking, and she followed shortly behind. The farther we got, the tighter her grip.

The water was now at our waists, and her grip was pretty darn tight. I gave her hand a small reassuring squeeze.

"I'll start walking away now, but try following me. Okay?"

I started backing away slowly, my hand slipping from hers. She whimpered at the lack of my touch.

She found me rather quickly, but that was because I wasn't too far. She tugged at my shirt and let out a small whimper.

"Don't do that again, meanie," she pouted.

"Fine, but that doesn't mean I can't do this!"

I slid my arms around her waist and pulled her under. We came out gasping for air. She looked at me and felt every detail of my face.

I pulled her into a deep hug. She was shocked at first, but she hugged back gently.

"Don't worry. I won't leave you like that ever again," I whispered in her ear.

"Promise?" She asked me.

"Promise."

~Timeskippy brought to you by a desire for salt~

We sat on the blanket, listening to the ocean. I watched the sunset and described it so that (Y/n) could see it too.

She laid her head on my shoulder, playing with the sand from time to time.

[Third Person POV]

She was happy that she got to hear, smell and feel old and nearly forgotten feelings. What made everything so much better? She got to do all of this with him.

Surely this day can't get any better, right? Nothing bad could possibly happen, right?

As they all got back to the car and started it, they didn't notice a suspicious-looking person follow them on a motorbike..

---------------------------------------

a/n

i know i know
i lied
sowwee.
stuff happened these past few days, so i couldnt rly write. also, did i mention i had to live on my own phone's wifi for the past few weeks? so.. yeah.

but yeah, heres a new part for y'all. youre welcome. bai lovelies!

~Rain