Outside The Window

"What's the weather outside your window doing right now? If that's not inspiring, what's the weather like somewhere you wish you could be?" (Thinkwritten) 

                   I have no window. I am in a dark classroom, the only lights are the fluorescents above me. Their harsh light becomes more intense in my tired eyes. I am surrounded by concrete walls. Trapped in this building by a system run by people who can't see how hard we work. We struggle to keep our grades above failing. I spend my days and nights worrying about exams. We need the warm rays of sun in the classrooms to give us the warmth of hope. I want to look out the window and see the dark dreary day that is filled with clouds. I want to see the rain on the glass and hear the pattering of the drops. I want to look out and see the sun high in the sky, spreading sunshine to all the plants and animals. I want to see the snow and ice in winter. I want to see the red and orange leaves falling in autumn. I want to see the flowers bloom in spring. We're out in summer, but for the start I want to feel the warmth seep through the window. I want to see the world, but it is hard when there is grey and white concrete where windows should be.

http://thinkwritten.com/365-creative-writing-prompts/