Hour 19

Luke's POV

I was scared and angry. I didn't have the energy to do both. The little banana will only push you so far.
How can this man see this as acceptable?! It must have taken so much planning! At what point did he not stop to think this is affecting more than just him. Our lives are hanging in the balance and he is the master to us as puppets.
He must really see himself as a high power. See himself so far above us that we will fall to his very demand.

And the thing is. We will. We are all so scared and hopeless tied to this bus we can't move when we see him. As much as we all hate him we cripple at everything he wants. To scared of the punishment of otherwise. I've always seen myself as strong but as soon as he looks at me or opens his mouth I'm to worried of what will happen to me. I want to leave but he will stop me from going, stop me from carrying out he life I want to live by taking it from me.

Right now. Oh right now. I can't watch. I can't even think about what he is doing. I can feel poor Penny skating by my side but i won't look at her or what he is doing. I have to hear it so I won't see it.

"LOOK! ALL OF YOU! WATCH HOW YOUR PITTY-LESS LIVES WILL GO!" The driver screamed at us demanding we watch and again I follow. As does everyone else. I hate seeing him suck the life out of people the way he does. Controlling their last movements and deciding when they stop breathing. Taking away all the freedom and opinion we are meant to be due in life. If he told me to jump I would. I would do almost anything he told me to do. To please him? I not 100% sure why but it's not to save my life.
The terror he inflicts on me is beyond anything i have ever felt before.
I think terror and love are very similar. I didn't know either when I stepped on this bus but I will know both when I die on it. Love and terror are intertwined. Love is terrifying and terror can encourage love. It works and it shouldn't.

Terror it losing what you love.
Love is being terrified of losing it.

They work hand in hand.

I am losing my life.

I never realised before how much I loved life. The freedom to express yourself and dance in the wind. I haven't taken full advantage of life. I've crawled along like everyone else sticking to what they know when I could have learnt and experienced much more by just opening my eyes. By saying no to extra maths. By saying yes to music class. Stepping out of my comfort zone to learn something else new I might just be good at. Or I might just love.
But now I can't. This man has already taken my life. I still have my breath but I don't have my life. I don't have my voice. I don't have my options. I don't have my life.
The driver has my life in the front pocket of his trousers. Tucked away for when he feels like it. Crushed beside other lives for when he gets board. Not taken care of but crumpled and dimmed. It's like taking a small bright star and putting it behind the moon where no one can see it until you decide it's time for it to fall.
Taking its life and potential to be a big star and crushing it.

That's what he was doing. Taking what we know and love and making us terrified. And hopeless. And lifeless.