Chapter Five: Going, Going, Going, No Go.

Chapter  Five:

A/N: whooo! Finally! Chapter five! Thanks to those who still read my lousy story hahahaha. I might make other stories now. I’m planning a one shot and a Harry Potter fiction :) so lessee how Leah’s doing now? BTW, shorter chapter. :)

***

Leah woke up smiling today. Feeling strangely high so early in the morning, she stretched and found the glittering ring on her finger and smiled. No wonder.

She would visit Sam’s today after school, she decided. They should call to Makah and tell his mom. His mom wouldn’t have a fit like her parents would. Besides, Clear Uley liked her.

She should call Sam and check how he’s doing. He had this high fever before she left. He wouldn’t let her stay lest she get affected. He promised he’d take some pills and rest.

She called but no one answered. He could still be sleeping… she was worried a little, but she knows he’ll be fine. He could handle anything.

She took a shower and raced downstairs, removing the ring on her finger and stuffing it in her pocket. She smiled. Her finger already felt weird without it. She smiled at the thought and started making a high ponytail.

Kissing her parents good morning, laughing inside, she wondered if Sam’s fever was gone. She would visit later. She missed him already and she wanted to see him. It’s all okay, Leah, she thought, Eight and a half hours. Just eight and a half.

She barely noticed as the day went by. She waved and greeted at everyone, even those whom she didn’t know and even smiled at the Trigonometry professor who always made that class hell. The teacher was too surprised to sneer back. Finally, Jessica couldn’t help but ask anymore.

“What’s with this “OH-MY-GOD-I’M-SO-HAPPY-TODAY-I-CAN-SEE-RAINBOWS-AND-FLOWERS-AND-SUNSHINE-EVERYWHERE-SO-LET’S-FILL-THE-WORLD-WITH-LOVE-AND-JOY” mood of yours?! It’s creeping me out!” Jessica growled.

Hillary leaned forwards interestedly, setting aside her lunch.

Leah smiled widely. She wouldn’t keep it to her closest friends! Not ever!

“Well… yesterday was our anniversary, remember? We spent the day in his house. Just talking and having a great day and suddenly…” She took out the ring and placed it on her finger.

Simultaneously, the girls screamed, causing everyone in a six table radius to either look at them or jump in surprise.

Leah immediately cut off their screams by clamping her hands over their mouths.

“Would you guys PLEASE shut up?” she gave them the iciest glare she could manage. But then she smiled widely again, unable to stay irritated for any period of time today. She scream-whispered, “I’mma be Missus Uley after high school!”

She stepped off the bus along with the Crowe and the Hailstorm kids who lived nearby Sam’s place. She didn’t know them but they seemed like good kids. Both were freshmen and were friends. They were amazed the Queen Clearwater was talking to them.

Almost everyone at school was intimidated with Sam Uley. The stories of how he was a fighter in Makah made him scary and a king feared in high school. (The truth was, Sam was a guy who protected people close to him and only Leah had the guts to ask him.) And when they became together, of course people would tend to avoid in fear that the king would beat them for looking at her majesty.

It was funny, Leah told Sam. She told him to ignore them. And he did. It was easy when she was around. Who cares? Leah knew the truth and never cared about those rumors. He needed her to believe him. Not them.