Chapter 13 - My True Would-Be-Self

👑 - sorry it took so long to write this chapter. i've been busy with school. eheh x anyways here it is, what you all been waiting for, chapter 13 !! [ I skip the audition part ] kusu×2 - 👑

Kaoru's POV

I'm sure glad audition is over. Even though i didn't sing that well but at least it was worth a shot. It was already 7 in the evening and it's raining heavily.

'God i wish i brought an umbrella with me' I spoke to myself, being pissed.

I let out a sigh and just stare at the pouring rain. It was quite nice actually. The cold air and dark atmosphere. It's what a young maiden always do, stare at the rain just brings out your feelings and allows you to think but to me is just a waste of time. I'm tough so why should i let go of my feelings.

But sometimes, i just wish that i could be a proper girl one day. I always admire Momoko and Miyako. Even though Momoko can be a little childish if she has her candy but she is actually mature and for Miyako, she was raised with elegance by her grandmother. Obviously, her grandmother would have thought her the proper way to behave or else she have punishment.

"*sigh* Nya! It's so hard being a proper girl sometimes. I just don't get it!" I said to myself.

"Kaoru-san?!" I heard a voice.

I turn around and saw Momoko standing behind, holding her umbrella. She smile at me.

"Do you want to share the umbrella?" She ask sincerely.

I feel so light-hearted. I blushed and nodded my head.

Momoko open her umbrella and we both share. It was a little awkward but i start a conversation to break the silence.

"Eh Momoko-san " i called.

She turn her head and smiled at me.

"How's it going between you and Brick?" I asked.

Suddenly her smile faded away. She stop walking and stare deeply to the ground. I can tell that there's something not right by the looks of her face.

"I'll tell you more about it when we get home." She said.

I just nodded my head. I didn't want her to be sad again in a weather like this. Just make the atmosphere more sad. :(

Soon we reach my apartment. We went under the apartment and straight to the elevator. I pressed the button and turn around.

"Eh Momoko, how about you stay at my house for awhile? After the rain stops, you can go home." I suggest.

"Alright, if you want too." Momoko said, smiling.

We soon reach my house. I open the door and shouted, "I'm home!" loudly.

I switch on the lights and throw my bag on the livingroom couch. I slam myself on the couch and sink in, letting the couch eating me up. I was glad to be home. I looked up and saw Momoko looking at me.

"What are you waiting for? Sit down!" I said.

She sit down and looked around my house like as if she was a cat getting used to the house. Soon, my mum came down and she smile at me.

"Ah Kaoru-san, you're back early!" Mum said.

"Yeah! Lucky here my friend send me home or else i would have been soaked wet." I said.

"Ouh i see, i'll go brew some tea for you girls." Mom said politely.

I nod my head while Momoko smile at her. My mum left and went to the kitchen. I look at Momoko and asked her, "So, what really-"

"You really want to know the reason don't you?" She interupt.

"Yeah well kinda, if you want to talk about it.."  i said.

Momoko sigh and just smile at me. I just wonder what happened after that hangout they had. Recently, Momoko change back to her ownself. She's not her other self. I was concerned.

"During the hangout, after you and Butch left, we went to the new arcade. We start playing a simple game but i lost. I wasn't that happy but just then, Brick lean close and kiss me."

My eyes widen. My heart started to beat fast. Does this mean that Brick and Momoko are together?

"Even though i knew he was a rowdyruff, i couldn't possibly tell him that i'm a powerpuff but we just met a few days ago and he start to have this kind of affections. I got mad and we got into a fight. After that i walked off but today, i just let him off even though i'm still angry at him."

"I see so what makes you change back to your normal self?"

"I've had enough of trying. I'm done being a faker. I want to show my true feelings. I want to show them that i'm not some girl who you can just step on. I'm showing them that i can be tough and rough. And i realise that this is my true would-be-self."

I gasped. She really believe in herself. Her true would-be-self. What about me? I want to try to be a girly girl one day so people won't think i'm that rough. I want some girl friends too. One day.

"What is my true would-be-self?"

💤💤