cloud // star 010

Celestial:

These days, Celestial has become more focused on her blog, starry gaze, than anything else.

Celestial likes to compare herself to a lone wolf, only following the moon and stars for guidance. She puts forth effort into perfecting her picture borderlines, taking miscellaneous images of new constellations with her new camera and snapping Polaroids the pigments of the sand when it turns a nice shade of molten mangoes.

"What do you do with those pictures?" a colleague of hers with the Newspaper editorial would remark to Celestial, watching the girl editing images on computers. 

"Oh, just like hanging them around," Celestial would mumble, before closing her work and finishing it at home in the sanctuary of her room. 

Her entire life she only raised expectations from people behind an avatar on a blog online, so she felt it was best to make sure no one knew about this special website, and with her very limited interactions, it isn't as difficult to do. Sure, she was all for accepting friends online; admirers, bloggers, other virtual people interested. 

"You live in a paradise!" were frequent comments that made her cheeks burn and burn until she spluttered ember. "You have such a nice eye for pictures, do you do this professionally?" 

"It's a hobby," she'd always respond, along with a string of thank-you's that made her heart swell. "But I wouldn't mind doing it more often."

"We're rooting for you!" they'd always tell her, and it made her believe in herself, made her realize she needed these strangers to keep her moving through her blurry dreams, teach her to focus her sights until she wouldn't lose their blinking throughout the nights. 

She just didn't expect one of them to turn her entire life following the twinkling lights to a finally find her own North Star. 

Horizon

"What are you trying to do?" Allen asks, amused, the soccer ball propped against his hip. Horizon gives him a grin, before going back to fiddling with his newly bought camera. 

"You haven't answered my question, loser," Allen says, "and why did your dad gives you a camera you have no idea how to use--"

"There's YouTube!" Horizon protests. "And I'm going to use this to take pictures of--of--"

Leaning against the goal post, Allen sighs at his friend's loss of words. "Not a brand new soccer ball, or tickets to game. Nope, give him a camera because that shit makes so much sense to an unartistic sod."

Kicking Allen in the shins lightly, Horizon remains silent as he fiddles with the contraption around his neck. His seventeenth birthday passed by in a flurry of friendly faces and stuffing mouths with sweets, but among all the presents he'd received--from traditional socks to jersey's to basketball tickets to a home game--his father's gift seemed to be the most out of sort. 

Having never ventured taking pictures outside of his selfies with friends on his phone, the present befuddled the boy who thought camera's had much too many settings and wires to prompt just a simple snap.

"I'm rubbish at this," confesses Horizon, flickering through the lenses of his Canon. "What would I even do?" Giving up, he takes off the strap and stuffs the camera in his duffel bag, heading over to their practice game without another thought. 

It's only when he's dragging a towel down his sweaty throat that he decides to take the camera out again. He turns to say something to his friend, but ends up having his speech robbed. "Allen?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't move." 

And in the memory of this tangible thing in his hand, was the silhouette of his best friend against the backdrop of an orange sunset (the sun creamed) does he notice that the horizon seemed less like a line separating sky and Earth, and more like a bridge between them. 

•∞•

A/N: Updates on this didn't even exist, so kindly remind me that this story is still a thing xD