Wands and Cats

Diagon Alley was packed as the young boy pushed his way through the masses of wizards. A coin purse shook at his side, filled from a recent trip to Gringotts. His father was ahead of him, pale blond hair styled into almost a coif like fashion. They walked towards Madam Malkins, an old robe shop that was among the many others in the place. They entered, and the pair was met by an elderly squat witch who bustled about, she looked at them and put up a finger, the international sign for 'One minute please' the man looked down at his son,

"Scorpius, I am going to go and get the other things that you need. Remember the rules and I will be back shortly."

"Yes Father." He replied almost monotonously,

"Don't talk like that, it's very unbecoming of someone of our class."

Scorpius waited for the witch to come back. At least his father was gone. He went over the 'rules' in his head, annoying as they were.

1. We are purebloods, this means that anyone, especially 'Mudbloods', are below us.

2. Speaking of 'Mudbloods', don't speak to them.

3. As aristocrats of the wizarding world, we are to be cool, collected, and calm. Showing true emotion is a sign of the weak.

Scorpius' father may of redeemed himself back in 98' but that didn't mean the prejudice implanted by his grandfather had gone away. Scorpius' face contorted into a brief look of disgust. How could he even be related to these people? But soon enough Madam Malkin was back and Scorpius was back to looking unreadable. He may hate the rules, but he could relate to Number 3 the most. Even if the relation was only based on necessity.

He explained that he needed robes for school and was led farther into the shop. Madam Malkin waved her wand and tape measures began to well... measure him. The old witch suddenly spoke,

"I remember when your father was in here at your age."

"Really? What was he like?"

"Do you want me to really tell you?"

"Yes"

"Well don't get your knickers in a twist because I said this but, he was a stuck-up, spoiled, little brat." She said the last four words slowly, disgust filling every word.

"Thank you"

'I figured as much.' he thought quietly. The store emptied out until it was just Scorpius and the owner. As she went into the back to gather more material, Scorpius closed his eyes, enjoying the peace and quiet. Sadly, it didn't last.

__________________________________________________________

Prussia entered the shop, glad for the dim lighting that soothed his eyes. Even with his contacts, the bright light still hurt his eyes. Prussia needed to ask West about getting him sunglasses or something. He had been talking to Alfred about a movie that had came out a few years ago, the American beside him laughed,

"I can't wait until they finally do a Marvel and DC crossover! Imagine Batman having to work with Spiderman! Or Superman and Captain America! Oh... My... God... That's perfect! I need to get that in production! How does this sound 'Super America, an unlikely duo team up to save the world in the most amazing crossover ever!' and I could get Michael Bay to direct it! I could go with being Captain America again..."

"Ameri-fred! Stop being so bloody loud! We're in public you insufferable twat!"

"But Iggy~"

"That is not my name, my name Arthur."

"Okay, so Artie~"

"That's not any better" England sighed.

The other two watched the exchange warily, but with interest. One wrong move on the minefield and the two might have to take action. Denmark looked to the other, and they nodded. They would both tackle America if it got to that point. Better to take him out than the Brit, at least England could probably keep his head, but the Prussian wouldn't hesitate to take Britain down instead. Luckily it didn't come to that. An elderly woman came out, a pile of black cloth floating out behind her.